Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in...  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Sooltauq

Re: Would anyone be interested in...
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 10:44:44 PM »
FWIW, the Walther PPS is pretty close to what a single-stack P10C would be like -- its a great pistol at a great price point. Does the market really need another subcompact? I'd almost rather see CZ spend more quality time with its existing lines, plus bring back the P-06, rather than trying to compete everywhere. My $0.02.

Look at Glock as an example of the downside: As they spread out, their existing lines largely went stale. Yeah, they have Generation Whatever of each line, but those represent slight tinkering rather than anything approaching true innovation.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 05:38:43 AM »
FWIW, the Walther PPS is pretty close to what a single-stack P10C would be like -- its a great pistol at a great price point. Does the market really need another subcompact? I'd almost rather see CZ spend more quality time with its existing lines, plus bring back the P-06, rather than trying to compete everywhere. My $0.02.

Look at Glock as an example of the downside: As they spread out, their existing lines largely went stale. Yeah, they have Generation Whatever of each line, but those represent slight tinkering rather than anything approaching true innovation.

Sorry but when talking about glock, can't really say it's because they started to spread put.  Glock has not done anything close to innovation since 1982
Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »

Sorry but when talking about glock, can't really say it's because they started to spread put.  Glock has not done anything close to innovation since 1982

Well, that's true too.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »

No innovation since 1982?  Obviously you missed the change to the grip pyramid shapes that they did in the Gen 4.  That was earth shattering.  Then there was the removal of finger grooves in the new 17M.  Wow, who would have thought that a pistol could go without finger grooves.  OMG, I could go on all night about the different shapes of the slide scallops too. 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 02:29:55 AM »
Awright, enough Glock bashing...it's not their fault.  8)
Now, just for second, imagine a Glock hammer fired version - that would be earth shattering.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
Now, just for second, imagine a Glock hammer fired version - that would be earth shattering.

Almost as earth shattering as the Glock Revolver!

Seriously, though.  A subcompact P07 wouldn't do much that a RAMI couldn't.  Weight would be very similar, especially since the P07 slide is heavier.

Now a single stack RAMI/P series...that would be cool!  Keep the hammer.   ;)

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
A P-07 compact would seem very similar to the Walther P99C, which I have and like very much. That said, since I do like the P-07 as well, I'd be a customer for a P-07 compact. Since CZ appears to operate at least to some degree on market, not sure what they judge the potential market to be?but if you're going to do it, I'm with Sooltauq?..bring back the P-06 as well :)

Offline roadrunner1

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »
A CZ single stack would definitely be a welcome addition to their lineup.  I think it would sell well, they already have options
in other sizes.

anything