CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ SP-01 and variants

TSO safety is too sensitive

(1/3) > >>

S281:
Got an issue with my TSO. Anytime I shoot using the gas pedal as the thumb rest, the back of my thumb slightly rubs on the safety when the gun recoils. It doesn't actually click on the safety but even barely grazing it activates the safety and the trigger won't pull. Such an annoying problem and definitely wouldn't fly in a competition. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or is something wrong with mine? Don't really want to change my grip just for this gun. Trying to figure out my options.

orthikon:
My 9mm TSO's safety is stiffer than my other TS and doesnt have that issue.

The way my hands are, after disengaging the safety and having my strong thumb on the gas pedal, I can have my support thumb sit towards the rear of my strong thumb without riding on the safety. Have you tried that?

M1A4ME:
Picked this out of another thread here.  I need to order a couple/three of these myself.

http://www.dsperman.com/products/CZSpring/CZSpring.html

muncie21:
@s281 where is your strong hand thumb, over or under the safety?

I use a wider safety and rest my strong hand thumb on top, which forces the safety down.

NMhvactech:
I have a TSO 40 and my safety is super stiff!!! I'm looking at replacing it with a CZC or factory CZ Shadow 2 extended safety as I have to shift my grip to disengage it. I have yet to accidentally engage the safety. I wish the thumb rest was 1/8" wider and 1/4"longer ( 1/8" up / 1/8" lower ) though. I have changed the slide release out with the pin only, but I prefer a functioning slide stop. I just feel the metal of the slide stop has blocks my thumb a little bit.
All of that said, trying to shoot the TSO as fast as I can, some what accurately, I have yet to engage the safety! I think it's mostly a personal thing; size of hands, position of hands, grip under recoil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version