Author Topic: FNG Checking In  (Read 139 times)

Offline 03psd

FNG Checking In
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »
Glad to have found this place. My wife has owned a P-01 for several years and I have always shot it pretty well considering how little practice I ever got with it. She doesnt let it stray too far from her person. Well I finlly decided to trade in mp pocket pistol for something larger. I immediately thought of a P-01 but being lefty I really wanted something ambi. I loved everything about the P-01 especially the SA/DA and decocker, not to mention the relative small size and weight with 14+1 capacity. I looked at a bunch of pistols and then learned of the P-01 Omega. Wow, I thought, all the best features PLUS ambi !!! Then I learned how hard they were to find when I visited my local gun store and asked them to order me one. The 2 guys behind the counter laughed and the customer hanging out shooting the breeze stated he had already put his name on the list for the 1st one that comes thru the door. I was bummed but left my name anyways. To my shock, I got a call less then 10 days later that their distributer had 1, a single, P-01 Omega avaiable and did I want it. Heck yeah!! The first guy got caught between paychecks or something and he couldnt pop on it. 2 days later it was in my hand. I ordered a CompTac MTAC IWB holseter for it which I am still waiting for but the gun is super nice. I love it. It does need some serious gunsmithing love however. The DA pull is like 20 pounds I am sure and the SA has a ton of creep. CGW will likely get the nod to do their full treatment on it before long. Im glad to be here and to own a P-01 Omega that I hope will serve me as well as my wifes P-01 has served her.

Offline Pops1911

Re: FNG Checking In
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »
Welcome fng.  Ah, we were all that once upon a time  ::) I am an ancient 1911 lover myself.  However in the last several years I have discovered the CZs.  Absolutely wonderful all metal firearms IMHO. I have had excellent success with these platforms.  My daily carry is a pcr and 16+1 is formidable even my gnarled old hands.  Things can get a little slow around here but lots of good folks post on this forum.  Happy to have you as a part of the show.
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:28 PM »
Welcome aboard! There are lots of good people here, this is by far my favorite website and I am sure you will make a few new friends here yourself.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »
He shoots. He scores!
 8)
Now the wife needs to raise you one.  How about an all steel full size CZ for the next one?  Maybe an ambi safety version you can share at the range?
 O0
Welcome to the club.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »
Gratz on your new CZ. I look forward to hearing how it goes with the upgrades.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Winkel

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:13:20 PM »
Congratulations and welcome!  The P-01 is a nice one to start with!

anything