Author Topic: Amtac hornet  (Read 381 times)

Offline Tsjones

Amtac hornet
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
I currently have the carbine with muzzle break.  Saw AMTAC has an over the barrel suppressor that looks like it might be a good fit.  I dont want to sbr the gun.  But this might be a nice suppressor alternative.   Does anyone have any first hand experience?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Amtac hornet
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 02:01:23 PM »
Never heard of it - link? :o

Offline Aragorn77

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »
https://amtacsuppressors.com/suppressors/hornet-9mm-suppressor/

I have never heard of this either, so I have no direct feedback. It is threaded in 1/2x36 however, so something would need to be done to put it on the Scorpion. I'm personally interested in more info on the new Dead Air Wolf-9SD https://deadairsilencers.com/products/wolf-9sd/.

Offline John A.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:41:35 PM »
Reflex moderators have been in use for decades in Europe.

They do pretty good. 

When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Due to the expense and general pain in the rear of owning a suppressor, I have paid them little to no attention, wouldn't know a good one from a bad one, to be honest.  :(

Offline st381183

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:23:32 PM »
1.67" diameter and they claim it fits under most handguard?  I think not. Plus 16.6 oz weight is heavy for a PCC suppressor. I would look at a Griffin Rev 9 or 45, a SiCi Octane 9 or 45, a Rugged Obsidian, or the new Dead Air Wolf. 

Offline Aragorn77

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:03 PM »
Due to the expense and general pain in the rear of owning a suppressor, I have paid them little to no attention, wouldn't know a good one from a bad one, to be honest.  :(

While they can be a pain in the rear to aquire, they are really great fun when it comes to shooting. My Scorpion pistol with my wife's Silencerco Osprey .45 is a blast with standard 147gr FMJ.  No ears required and it actually help balance the original Sig brace I'm using at the moment.

1.67" diameter and they claim it fits under most handguard?  I think not. Plus 16.6 oz weight is heavy for a PCC suppressor. I would look at a Griffin Rev 9 or 45, a SiCi Octane 9 or 45, a Rugged Obsidian, or the new Dead Air Wolf.

I missed that stuff. I had to check, but the Osprey only weighs 11.1 oz and it's a brick of a suppressor. Also, the inside diameter for an HBI rail is 1.57" and that's pretty generous.
(Edit to note: The Dead Air Wolf is 1.618" , so come to find out, it will not fit under the HBI rail either.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:23:16 PM by Aragorn77 »

Offline akuser47

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
I'm also not sure if a single piece baffle is a good idea or not looks like it could cost a fortune to replace that baffle in comparison to cap baffle designs like many other manufacturers.