Author Topic: Hodgepodge of range firearms near the Labe (Elbe)  (Read 165 times)

Offline Psyop96

Hodgepodge of range firearms near the Labe (Elbe)
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:56:11 PM »
Tagged along as an observer today as a friend had a package deal for a birthday present. Particularly interesting to me were the old school Czechoslovak SMGs (Sa 23-26), a Slovak pistol and a beat-up M16A1 (SN in the 9 million range)...these were all semi-autos even though the selector lever on that A1 was on auto. Unfortunately, no one in this group chose the Sa's or the Slovak pistol to shoot. A couple of guys popped for shooting a .50 BMG round each and got the casings as souvenirs.

And FYI for inquiring minds, the young lady in tacticool blue (a hot, sunny day here) was also observing a friend shoot and did not have to deal with any hot brass . The usual post-range re-hydration process was carried out in-town (Mělník) where the Vltava and Labe rivers join up to continue as the Elbe into Germany and to the North Sea outside of Hamburg. It was a good day at the range even without personally shooting.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Hodgepodge of range firearms near the Labe (Elbe)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »
Nice.  Not a bunch of safe queens, but well used/cared for and where they belong - at the range.

Is that 12 ga. pump with the hammer a Model 97 Winchester?  Or one of the copies from China?
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Psyop96

Hodgepodge of range firearms near the Labe (Elbe)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know as I wished that I had more time to go through these in detail before the group started. Might get back there another time.

Offline Froggy

• Shooting in the Czech Republic
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »
Zbrane nevadi ! Kde jsou fotky ta krasna myska s "Tacticool" modrych satech ?   :P
I shot many times in a small range owned by the Forestry Service near Melnik in the midle of the woods.  The town itself is lovely  !

BTW, I just got my SA Vz26 in 7,62x25 - 1st outing will be the 30th of Sept & you are more than welkom to try   ;)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:27:47 AM by Froggy »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 11:00:31 PM »
That looked like a fun time. :) I'd have that M-16 looked at - that ain't supposed to work that way! :o

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 03:14:38 AM »
There's a Czech importer mark on the frame right below the opened dust cover. I think it had the words semi-auto marked with the import mark. I would loved to have done a function check to see if there's something different with it but couldn't as an observer in a group setting and my Czech is extremely limited. A couple of shooters went for it. It functioned fine although the ejected casings dropped only a couple feet away whereas the clones flung the casings into Germany.