Author Topic: P01 Omega safety  (Read 5231 times)

Offline WS6

P01 Omega safety
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
Is the safety lever supposed to stick out from the frame on the left side?

Offline plnkr1234

Re: P01 Omega safety
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:28:05 AM »
I'm no expert, but it should push in far enough to be retained by the ejector.  I had trouble putting my left safety in all the way, too.  The right side piece in the bag was another decocker piece rather than a right sided safety lever.  I'm hoping that was the problem.

I've notified CZ and am waiting to hear back.  Hopefully the correct right sided lever will allow my safety to fully seat.

Offline WS6

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »
Figured it out. There is a little piece attached to the left safety lever that prevents it from becoming flush with the frame. I just slid a razor blade underneath it and popped it off. This same piece can be seen in this video at 2:09

probably shouldn't have done that, but it wasn't fitting flsuh with that piece on it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:04:27 PM by WS6 »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
^^Are you talking about the round protrusion that the detent wedges onto or the metal detent?

Here is a close up picture.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:16:00 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline WS6

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
yeah, the detent, it wouldnt fit into to frame cutout. I dont know if it was because of the right safety being poorly machined or the frame not being machined large enough.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »
yeah, the detent, it wouldnt fit into to frame cutout. I dont know if it was because of the right safety being poorly machined or the frame not being machined large enough.

I would like to see a picture of the outside frame hole for the left side safety lever. With this we may be able to nail down the issue area. For now it might be best to reinstall the decocking lever. I would not trust the safety function without the detent installed.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline WS6

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
the hole in the safety lever on right side is off, so with the safety in its always tilted up. i think that was preventing the left safty lever with detent from fitting flush with the frame.

Offline plnkr1234

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
the hole in the safety lever on right side is off, so with the safety in its always tilted up. i think that was preventing the left safty lever with detent from fitting flush with the frame.

Does your right side safety lever match the shape of the left?  I just bought a P01 and it came with 2 right side decocker levers instead of one of each.

Offline WS6

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »

Does your right side safety lever match the shape of the left?  I just bought a P01 and it came with 2 right side decocker levers instead of one of each.

yes

Offline plnkr1234

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 08:30:14 PM »

yes

You might try contacting CZ. They just sent me a safety lever for my issue.  It's due next week. Hopefully all will fit well.

Offline DJ45

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 01:36:13 AM »
I had a slightly different issue with my P-01 Omega.  On mine, the left decocker wouldn't separate from the right.  Tried everything I could think of to get it to come apart but it wouldn't budge.  I'm sending mine back to CZ for warranty work on Monday.  I seriously don't know how they'll get the decocker out of there without destroying the frame.  We'll see.  Guess that's why they're the professionals.

Offline plnkr1234

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »
Well I got my P01 Omega safety levers but can't get the right side to install.  It goes in fully in the vertical position with the trigger bar held down, then won't turn freely to the proper horizontal position.  It looks like the groove in the safety doesn't match up with the ridge in the frame.

The decocker fits as it's supposed to.  Anyone else having this problem on their new P01 Omega?

Thanks

Offline DJ45

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 01:55:01 PM »
Well I got my P01 Omega safety levers but can't get the right side to install.  It goes in fully in the vertical position with the trigger bar held down, then won't turn freely to the proper horizontal position.  It looks like the groove in the safety doesn't match up with the ridge in the frame.

The decocker fits as it's supposed to.  Anyone else having this problem on their new P01 Omega?

Thanks

I have requested to have the CZ folks replace my decocker with one that works as it should, and is actually swappable.  And I've requested that they install the thumb safety before they send it back to me.  So when I get it back I'll report back with my findings.

Offline plnkr1234

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »

Thanks

I have requested to have the CZ folks replace my decocker with one that works as it should, and is actually swappable.  And I've requested that they install the thumb safety before they send it back to me.  So when I get it back I'll report back with my findings.

I guess I'll be sending mine back.  I'll have to do as you did and ask them to be sure both safety and decockers work, too.  Did they issue you a call tag for the shipping, or did you have to pay for it yourself?

Offline DJ45

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:37 PM »

Thanks

I guess I'll be sending mine back.  I'll have to do as you did and ask them to be sure both safety and decockers work, too.  Did they issue you a call tag for the shipping, or did you have to pay for it yourself?

Yes there's a form you need to fill out on the CZ-USA website to request warranty work.  They'll then send you an email with an RMA # and a shipping label you can print out. 

The emails will have all the information you need.   

I'll keep you all posted on where mine is at.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything