Author Topic: Broken Firing Pin and Great Customer Service at CZ-USA  (Read 1421 times)

Offline rich63

Broken Firing Pin and Great Customer Service at CZ-USA
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »
Went to the range this afternoon with my P10c to get in a little practice. I have pistol qualifications on Saturday at the pistol association I belong to. Set up my steel targets, load up my mags and I'm ready to start. Draw from holster, line up my sights, pull the trigger and nothing. Tap, rack, but no bang. Look at the round and no strike. Take off the slide and look at the firing pin. There is tension, but the firing pin is not protruding through the hole. Pack up my targets and head home. Again, take off the slide and I pulled out the firing pin and the tip broke off. Just my luck. Two days before my quals. I called CZ-USA 5 minutes before they close and spoke to the parts dept. I was told they have no parts for the P10c yet. Got transferred to warranty and explained to them what was going on. Again was told they have no new parts, but the guy said he had a used firing pin laying around. He asked me if I wanted it. Of course I said yes. He said it would be in the mail tomorrow, Friday. Unfortunately the firing pin will not get here in time for Saturdays pistol shoot. Just wanted to say CZ-USA has awesome customer service.

rich63

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Broken Firing Pin and Great Customer Service at CZ-USA
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:53 PM »
Well that's good to hear about the service. But...... kinda disheartening about the FP breaking. Wonder what caused it?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline rich63

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »
I have over 4,000 rounds through the gun and not one problem until now. So far it's been a great gun.

rich63

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 02:44:35 AM »
Bad for the breakage, good on CZ-USA for coming through as fast as possible. :)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »
I'm curious why they would have no NEW firing pins but would have USED firing pins lying around?

If you don't have new ones to replace old ones, where do the old ones come from?

And, glad you got taken care of so fast.  I had a Browning BDM with a broken firing pin, the shop/gunsmith had it for almost 3 months and finally told me they could not get firing pins for it.  I got it back from them, ordered two firing pins on line and fixed it myself.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »
I'm curious why they would have no NEW firing pins but would have USED firing pins lying around?

If you don't have new ones to replace old ones, where do the old ones come from?

And, glad you got taken care of so fast.  I had a Browning BDM with a broken firing pin, the shop/gunsmith had it for almost 3 months and finally told me they could not get firing pins for it.  I got it back from them, ordered two firing pins on line and fixed it myself.

It may have been an organ donation from one of the pre-release evaluation pistols sent back to CZ-USA.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline rich63

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 03:27:25 PM »
I received the "used" firing pin from CZ-USA today. Just finished cleaning up the new "used" firing pin. I figured now would be a good time to clean out the firing pin channel. With right at 4000 rounds through the gun I expected the channel to be filthy. To my surprise it was not. Everything is back together. The firing pin tip protrudes through the hole. Looks like everything is good to go. Going to the range tomorrow and putting rounds down just to make sure. Going to take my SP-01 Tact. I think it has felt a little neglected lately.

Again another big thank you to CZ-USA. No charge for the firing pin. They also took care of the shipping. Awesome customer service.

rich63

anything