Author Topic: Range day with CZ75 and P10C - strange issues  (Read 1387 times)

Offline woodstock31

Range day with CZ75 and P10C - strange issues
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
I was able to get out to a local indoor range for an hour today. So much better than just plain old lunch break! Makes the day go great. Took a new shooter (client) who has been wanting to learn to shoot. He was loving it.

It was the first time with the CZ P10c that i just picked up yesterday. Bought used locally. Looked new to me. The previous owner said he put less than 200 rounds through it. I cleaned and lubed it up before the range session. We put about 175 rounds through it. That pistol is very accurate!  About half the time though the slide would not lock back on the last round. We used Winchester White box and PMC Bronze. Happened to both of us and I let another guy try it and he had the same results. Not sure what is going on. Happened with both of the mags.

Also, my CZ 75 had the slide stop lever break in half. Noticed it when the slide would not lock back on the last round. I have had this pistol for 20 years or so. Always been my favorite (still is).

Weird day. Still it was enjoyable to get out during a work day.

[/URL][/img]

Offline Stuart

Re: Range day with CZ75 and P10C - strange issues
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »
Have never seen a slide stop break like that.

P10C. .WWB and PMC can be a little underpowered. perhaps slide not getting all the way back in cylce to catch slide stop. might try different ammo, let recoil spring get worn in and set, or find lighter recoil spring.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
Sounds like you had fun In spite of the problems.
That slide stop break is definitely different.  I've broken two (3?) on my 9mm B and one on my Shadow.  All broke just off center of the rod.  Zero damage anywhere else.  For me,  about 20,000 Rnds is the guide rod life expectancy.

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 08:39:41 PM »
Try the WWB 9mm NATO (124gr) in the P-10c. It is much better ammo than their standard 115gr 9mm.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline woodstock31

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 12:20:03 AM »
I may be at that round count. Unfortunately cz USA in s sold out of replacements as of now. It will still shoot though if I'm desperate. I still have the P10c and a P01.

Sounds like you had fun In spite of the problems.
That slide stop break is definitely different.  I've broken two (3?) on my 9mm B and one on my Shadow.  All broke just off center of the rod.  Zero damage anywhere else.  For me,  about 20,000 Rnds is the guide rod life expectancy.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 08:26:11 AM »
When I bought my used CZ Tactical Sport the slide release was very much like yours - but the back half had been removed on purpose.

I suppose the original owner never ran it empty.  He'd shoot it, then replace the magazine before it went empty.  It had a new slide stop in the box with it so I just installed it and put the modified one back in the little zip lock bag.  You might still be able to shoot yours, you'd just have to pull the slide to the rear to load the first round if you run it empty.

CZ Custom seems to have the new design slide stop in stock    https://czcustom.com/cz-75-new-slide-stop-9mm.html

Cajun Gun Works has an extended slide stop in stock   https://cajungunworks.com/product/2es-shadow-slide-stop/

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline woodstock31

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Interesting that cz USA is out of stock and cz custom has them. Cheapest shipping is $9.38??? Where is the custom shop?

Offline woodstock31

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »
Ended up ordering from Cajun Gun Works. I will see how the extended slide stop feels.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I will try some different Ammo in the P10c.