Author Topic: FS / Handcrafted IWB for the Compact (non Rail)  (Read 547 times)

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
FS / Handcrafted IWB for the Compact (non Rail)
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »
Fresh from the oven! Been working on these a while between custom orders and just finished them up. They are my version of a perfect IWB. The offset clip keeps it more comfy than throwing a clip on the widest part of the gun and I think taco designs hold up better than flat. Because I live in the heat I like the smaller profile too.

These are fabricated of 6/7 oz leather for the main body and the throat support is 7-8oz to keep it from collapsing. I do all the stitching entirely by hand with an awl on a stitching pony. The hardware is solid brass .. mostly because I like the look of brass. Just seems a bit more refined.

I do Sewn in Sight Channels on all my wrap designs. Its a lot more work but I think its worth it.

These when worn will have a forward cant and the clip is set about 3/8" off the surface of the holster so it is almost even with the trigger guard.

They will come TIGHT!! I will provide break in instructions and if you spend a couple of days breaking it in you will have it for years. They fit the Compact steel and are already out and about hoisting PCR's. They are for Non Rail. Sorry P01 guys but I do have some coming soon.

So why make pretty if its going to be in the waist band. Hell .. why not .. you will know you have something nice on even if you dont share it with others.

These are $65.00 each +7 for Priority USPS for a total of $72.00

A. Black Body with Mahogany Support and warm brown stitching (SOLD)
B. Mahogany Body with Cordovan Support and Black stitching
C. Cordovan Body with Black support and Black stitching.  All of my cordovan pix including the ones at the link are coming out more red than it really is. I cant seem to adjust it but.. if you know Cordovan.. you know what it looks like.
D. My Racer X model, Misunderstood brother of Speed Racer. Black with Yellow stitching
E. Dark brown, medium brown and Havana Cigar stitching. Pretty hot! (SPF)

You can see individual pictures here.
http://www.boriqualeather.com/Gallery/index.php/CZ-IWB-FS

I will leave them here exclusively for a week or so before I move them to my ebay and etsy page. I accept paypal, check or MO. I'm easy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:57:42 AM by Boriqua »

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: FS / Handcrafted IWB for the Compact (non Rail)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »
Pretty sweet. Don't have a compact or I would by one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline viking499

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 07:43:44 PM »
Those are very sharp.  Wish my body liked IWB.

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »
Pretty sweet. Don't have a compact or I would by one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy a holster and then you have the perfect reason to buy a compact. ;)

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:59:31 PM »
Ok, ok I'll buy yet another sir :)  I'll take holster A please. Check's in tomorrow's mail Alex

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:09:15 PM »
PM sent

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 11:11:41 PM »
Where on the "clock" are these made to ride at?

Offline jberke

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 12:15:13 AM »
Do you make a left handed version?

Offline slowgun45

• hunting guide leather-smith
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 12:24:35 AM »
I build holsters also and yours are very nice good looking 
slowgun45

Offline Meridian

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 01:00:55 AM »
Where on the "clock" are these made to ride at?

I have this exact style of holster, from Boriqua, for my PCR.
As for which position it can be used in, I use it in the appendix position, where it works brilliantly.
However, because of the slight cant (which helps a longer-gripped gun like a PCR), it will also work very well, IMO, from about 5:00 forward (if right handed).
Now, as for quality, fit and finish, and Alex's communication style...
Perfect in all regards. This has quickly become my favorite holster. Ridiculous amount of value here...
And working with Alex is a treat.
Not only will you not regret this purchase, you'll be looking for opportunities to buy another from him.
I know I am.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 02:03:58 AM »
Thank you everyone for looking and for your kind comments. "A" is spoken for to brother Jigo.

Here is a pic of my original test piece. I wore it for about a month and then sold it off cheap locally to someone who is still using it. The gun itself is riding at about 4 oclockish. The test holster in the pic didnt have a body shield.

I don't make a left hand version for general sale but if anyone wants a lefty they can email or message me. Email is best.  I am a little backed up at the moment and about 3 weeks out for anything new though. I dont plan on rushing through my custom orders just to make more sales. I want to continue enjoying my hobby and making cool stuff I am proud of and these guys take time.

Oh .. if any of you get the speed racer and racer "X" thing .. your old!!   ;D
Just like me
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:23:51 AM by Boriqua »

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 04:00:36 AM »
Thank you everyone for looking and for your kind comments. "A" is spoken for to brother Jigo.

Here is a pic of my original test piece. I wore it for about a month and then sold it off cheap locally to someone who is still using it. The gun itself is riding at about 4 oclockish. The test holster in the pic didnt have a body shield.

I don't make a left hand version for general sale but if anyone wants a lefty they can email or message me. Email is best.  I am a little backed up at the moment and about 3 weeks out for anything new though. I dont plan on rushing through my custom orders just to make more sales. I want to continue enjoying my hobby and making cool stuff I am proud of and these guys take time.

Just like me
And if you know Racer X's real name you get a FREE Holster? :)

Offline codj51

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »
I will take holster "E".  Thanks

Offline Mr. Waverly

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

Just like me
And if you know Racer X's real name you get a FREE Holster? :)

Oh, you mean Rex Racer, Mifune Ken'ichi in Japanese.

Offline viking499

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 04:09:48 PM »
I will take holster "E".  Thanks

Thank you for doing that.  You just saved me some money. ;). I don't wear IWB, but was going to buy it because it would look pretty sitting in my safe. ;D