Author Topic: Trigger Happy!  (Read 940 times)

Offline Vinny

Trigger Happy!
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »
I've got a few CZ's, all metal-framed except my most recent purchase...a P-07 Urban Grey suppressor model with the Omega Trigger.  After 700 rounds and at least as many dry-fires using an O-ring between the hammer and firing pin; I thought the trigger was getting real smooth and sweet; especially in SA. So, I took out my Lyman gauge and averaged 8lb-5oz in DA and 2lb-8oz in SA. Wow! No custom work, everything box stock and just careful cleaning and lubrication after each range session.

Needless to say; I'm Trigger HAPPY!
So, I'm wondering if this is due to the Omega trigger; am I just lucky, or is this a result of working the trigger a few thousand rounds??
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Trigger Happy!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »
I don't blame you for being trigger happy!
I'm sure your trigger exercise smoothed and lightened the trigger pull,  but my traditional steel 75s wouldn't have been that light after a twice2 that many pulls,  so your Omega must play some role in the CZ goodness.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:56 AM »
I've got a few CZ's, all metal-framed except my most recent purchase...a P-07 Urban Grey suppressor model with the Omega Trigger.  After 700 rounds and at least as many dry-fires using an O-ring between the hammer and firing pin; I thought the trigger was getting real smooth and sweet; especially in SA. So, I took out my Lyman gauge and averaged 8lb-5oz in DA and 2lb-8oz in SA. Wow! No custom work, everything box stock and just careful cleaning and lubrication after each range session.

Needless to say; I'm Trigger HAPPY!
So, I'm wondering if this is due to the Omega trigger; am I just lucky, or is this a result of working the trigger a few thousand rounds??
WOW, that would border on almost unheard of to have a trigger like that after only seven hundred rounds no change of Springs and no polishing.
Hmmmmm
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:39:59 AM »
I do think the dry-firing with the rubber O-ring (to prevent firing pin wear) effectively 'polishes' the action. Alternating DA and cocking the hammer for SA. My P-01 is getting pretty smooth now too; but 2X as many rounds as the P-07 and I'm at 7lb-6oz DA and 3lb-8oz SA.  I was just so surprised that out of the box the P-07 SA was fairly light, although still gritty. The grittiness has gone away now and I love the fact that there's a little travel and smooth resistance in SA before it breaks cleanly. Absolutely no 'wall' like my cough, cough, Glock 17. Of course every CZ has it's own unique personality; and like leather shoes they tend to get better and more comfortable with wear.

So, I guess my real question is whether others have had a favorable experience with the Omega trigger (mine is still set in factory decocker mode)?? A really good comparison might be someone who owns two of the same model; one with Omega and one with standard trigger. Like a P-01 Omega and a regular P-01. Maybe that explains why so many really like the P-07's and P-09's; with Omega triggers??
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:35:22 PM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »
I had a buddy in the Army that used to say (about cars), "Every now and then you get one with all the nuts and bolts tightened just right.  And it will outrun and outlast others that look just like it."

Same goes for guns.

My first CZ, a P07 DUTY, is stock inside.  3&1/4 lb. SA and around 8&1/2 or 8&3/4 lb. DA.  The P09 9MM and P09 .40 S&W I bought later are not as good.  And the P09 .40 S&W is not as accurate as the shorter barreled P07 DUTY .40 S&W.  The P09 9MM, however, is very accurate.

On my CZ 75 Compact (the converted one with the CZ 85 controls) I replaced the stock hammer with a Pre B style hammer and the trigger pull went to 3 lbs.  But it so crisp it actually feels lighter than 3 lbs.  I had to measure it a few times to convince myself that it wasn't lighter.

Isn't a nice trigger just......nice.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:44 AM »
I had a buddy in the Army that used to say (about cars), "Every now and then you get one with all the nuts and bolts tightened just right.  And it will outrun and outlast others that look just like it."

Same goes for guns.

My first CZ, a P07 DUTY, is stock inside.  3&1/4 lb. SA and around 8&1/2 or 8&3/4 lb. DA.  The P09 9MM and P09 .40 S&W I bought later are not as good.  And the P09 .40 S&W is not as accurate as the shorter barreled P07 DUTY .40 S&W.  The P09 9MM, however, is very accurate.

On my CZ 75 Compact (the converted one with the CZ 85 controls) I replaced the stock hammer with a Pre B style hammer and the trigger pull went to 3 lbs.  But it so crisp it actually feels lighter than 3 lbs.  I had to measure it a few times to convince myself that it wasn't lighter.

Isn't a nice trigger just......nice.

Nice...Ohh Yeah!
Thanks M1A for your insight and experience with several P07&09 Omega triggered CZ's. I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the Omega trigger just being better; but you confirmed that I might have just been lucky on this one. I seem to recall a post by CGW that a small percentage are right out of the box, and a similar percentage can't be made right no matter what. When it comes to SA triggers....there's a fine line between love and hate.  O0
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Winkel

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
I think there is some variation from one to another.  My P-07 was kind of rough when I got it but a little polishing really smoothed it up.  My P-09 was noticeably better but it got the same treatment. 

One thing I did notice recently, the sears on both of mine are MIM.  They are hard but can be a little rough until worn in. 

Enjoy that new piece! 

anything