Author Topic: p-01 omega , military arms channel recent video- decocker on left side only?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline del4c

Just saw a recent video that Tim from copper customs- that he runs his p-01 omega with only
one decocker on the left side.

When I got mine last week that was the first thing I was thinking of doing- I even asked months earlier from cz customs if it can be set up like this way and I believe the answer was a no. Can this be done without right decocker and will it just
snap into the frame without the lever?- tomorrow will be 1st day out to the range! 

Thanks all for your input

Offline del4c

just looking at the right side- seem like you can except 1/8 inch+/-  of the end of the decocker level will protrude , unless ground down a bit until barely flush and touched up with marker etc..

Offline del4c

Sorry - wrong info guys

p-o1 compact current carry gun

p-o1 omega back up gun

Still,  the compact with only one decocker on left side

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Sure, you can do it.  It'll leave a ring/gap between the hole in the frame and the shaft of the left side decocker. 

How much dirt/dust/lint will work it's way into the frame through that hole?  Who knows.  Keep it cleaned/lubed on a regular basis and it probably won't be an issue.

I didn't watch the whole video.  Did he say why he removed it?

My CZ's came with ambidextrous safeties (I'm not a decocker guy) so they were ready to go.  When I carried a 1911 I installed ambidextrous safeties on them.  I might not ever need to operate the pistol left handed, but ambidextrous controls make it much easier.  Like having a spare magazine for my EDC gun.  Hopefully 13 rounds of .40 S&W will be more than enough, but I still carry 17 more in the spare magazine in my pocket.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline del4c

I don`t know what I was thinking! I know  The P-01 does not have an ambi de-cocker on it

what through me off was that his carry gun ( the p-01) has the cgw hammer that I thought was an omega and he mentioned that his carry gun was not running the  ambi decocker which led me to believe he took it off.

Have to pay better attention.