Author Topic: I've found a sling setup I'm enjoying.  (Read 596 times)

Offline akuser47

I've found a sling setup I'm enjoying.
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »
I've had this on an ar15 for a while.  Then thought hey I shot my scorpion more than anything else.  So here it is Condor speedy 2 point sling. Not conventionally attached at the front but works anyway. The front stays at the back of the afg and so far is not in the way.
I would like to see your slings on your pets if you have the time to share pictures. Add them to this thread we could possibly build a wealth of slung knowledge here. lol

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:37:09 PM by akuser47 »

Offline majulook

Re: I've found a sling setup I'm enjoying.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »
Looks nice, only thing is the buckle on the afg looks a bit odd and bulky.

Offline wyoung

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »
If it works for him why worry what it looks like?

I'm left handed. The other loop is hooked through the plastic sling loop on the upper left side of the receiver.

I took a queue from this guy. The idea is to anchor the sling on both sides of the weapon and use the British SAS/SS(?) style where you sort of wrap the sling around your support arm.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:19:34 PM by wyoung »

Offline akuser47

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »
The buckle actually stays at the back of the afg out of the way. It may not looks cool but I rarely use a magwell hold anymore on this gun.
Nice setup wyoung. I might put rear attachment onto other side to put a better hold like your setup wyoung. Ill just make a paracod loop though. 25 bucks isn't bad for a qd socket but that's another magazine. LoL
I am going to try it out like this next outing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:51:02 PM by akuser47 »

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »
whatever worx and is comfortable damn the looks. I'm currently using a magpul ms1 which while comfortable, with my receiver mounted qd's so close together it kept auto adjusting itself loose when extended to fire so I put a tri-glide on there to keep the quick adjust buckle from loosening up but I'm still able to cinch it tight against body for carry. Was running a krytek typhon Blue Force Vcas but was uncomfortable and stiff for the evo so it got put on one of the ak's  ::)
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline wyoung

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »
I'd rather have QD but I just bought a couple of these for $14 each. They'll fit on either side in back. They don't take very long to remove and I can use the same sling on my Bren.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FPK2UR0/

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:56:51 PM by wyoung »

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 03:52:22 AM »
Favorite to least favorite

QD , Magpul Paraclip , Blue Force U-Loops , Butler Creek/Uncle mikes screw type QD, Mash Hooks, HK hooks being the worst unless you wrap them they are noisy as hell and love to scratch anything in their path.
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 09:45:24 PM »
I'd rather have QD but I just bought a couple of these for $14 each. They'll fit on either side in back. They don't take very long to remove and I can use the same sling on my Bren.

PMM makes QD attachments that work in the factory sling attachment holes. I bought front and rear and ended up only using the rear as a single point attachment being I changed my hand guard. 

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 05:19:26 AM »

^ I loathe, detest, hate, cannot stand those. 

They twist.  I always run an adjustable 2pt on everything.  I have at least a dozen or so of varying type.  (Magpul, Vickers, Viking, damage ind, etc.)  Every time I used one of those,  my adjustment tab, pull, etc is always some place it shouldn't be.  They add slop.  The tab should be where it's supposed to be without your brain ever getting involved. 

My favorite mount is the Magpul RSA, WITHOUT a clip.  Just a 1" web sling like the damage pulled through and buckled.  Off the top rail, right on the thumb reference point.  (Behind the light tail switch).  It puts a perfect angle on the sling so the pull tab doesn't twist around.  And when you drop the rifle it falls and lays at the perfect angle to your body.  It's absolutely perfect when not used as intended.  (Go to on AR's with a top handguard rail)

Second choice is QD without rotation.  So I can dial in the same fixed angle as above so the gun lays right when you drop it or flick it off your chest to the side.  QD's add bulk and noise. 

3rd choice is the AK hook.  They never let go, and are not prone to getting jumbled in an odd shaped ring.  (Like an HK hook on an AK).  But they are noisey. 

I generally dislike almost every other attachment method.  The old school pull through triglides on a fixed loop in the right place is silent and simple. 

The Viking Tactical bungee 2pt adjustable on my 104 would probably be perfect on the scorpion.  Heavy guns and bungee don't mix.  But it has enough give you could bring it up with it still cinched down and shoot it with tension, or dial in what you want. 

I have the BFG Vickers on fixed PMM QD's on the scorpion because I bought a couple and it was what was left.  It's sluggish for something like the Scorpion that should be light and fast.  It would do better on a heavier gun where the thicker webbing would help distribute the weight, and the weight would help speed up the adjustment. 

I realize I'm particular about slings.  They give me temporary autism.  I can't not have one, and I usually hate something about all of them.   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:23:38 AM by Asmodeus »

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:45:31 PM »

I went with the PMM rear QD cup as the front attachment to the rear of the receiver and I've been using a 1" lightweight GI-style nylon silent sling attached to the rear of the SBT Evo brace.  I'm not totally happy with it but gives me more control than a single point when transitioning to secondary and keeps it from spinning around during slung movement.

*cough* the tail hook has a QD in it... I'm using the front PMM and that now.  It is wonky when it's folded but open it's right on the money.  If you're rocking two rearward attachments you are probably a BFD or the OAL is more 1pt'ish.  I am not a BFD, so I prefer my front attach to be more forward, or at least mid ship so when I dump the gun its arrival is left belt line area when it hits me.  (Especially if I'm full out on the sling and drop it like it's hot for the transition.)  Another reason I'm particular about angle on the front attachment point too.  I want it coming in on it's side not the mag into my leg or junk and flopping. 

For those that are fan of the adjustable Blue Force Gear Vickers sling, they make a model called the "Vickers ONE" that is said sling scaled down to a 1" strap.  They even show the Scorpion Evo specifically on the product page.  Not a huge fan of the super stiff nylon used to make Vicker slings but they are a functional and durable choice.

Durable, yup.  Sluggish AF - check.  Fan, not really?  1" web sling? 
http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=270&search=sling
(They have 25-50% off sales ALL the TIME.) 
I hate the dangling strap.  It is explosively fast to open though.  The webbing is thin and slick and with any back tension as soon as you even start to tug it's like the dam burst.  (Never had it let go on it's own though)  Ideal on a 5-8# gun with good attachment points.  A heavier gun and it's thin and sharp, it's going to start eating you if it's not going on over armor or a rig with actual shoulders in it.  (And if you do that, expect the thin webbing, and hanging strap to end up in your gear a bit) 

I'm either nylon-to-steel/plastic or QDs.  I don't like loose metal-on-metal (snaps or clips) or metal on plastic (will tear out eyelets over time).  One of the most asinine things ever designed was the M249 SAW sling setup:  steel snap hook on a rear aluminum ring.  A month into a deployment it'll dump the gun on some kids feet out on patrol.  550 cord and duct tape is a horrible solution to a design flaw that any buck Sergeant would have solved with a G3-style footman's loop.  Don't do that to your Scorpions, guys.

Preach! 

This is *probably* the best 2pt for a light gun like the Scorpion.  (Or something like it) 
http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-bgs.htm

Set it up so at full tight you can still get the gun up and have a lot of back tension you can push into from the bungee.  It's faster than a QA 2pt because you can manhandle the gun into position even at full cinch.  And way safer on your knees than any 1pt.  Hands free full speed running - check.  Just not on a heavy gun.  (Or it will bob and the stock will hit you in the face)  If a sudden "terrain" change occurs, such as jumping down, see previous comment.  It will rebound and hit you in the face.  Get a hand on it, or back sling it and cinch it. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:26:44 PM by Asmodeus »