Author Topic: brand spanking new P-07 (also new to the forum)  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Bryman31

brand spanking new P-07 (also new to the forum)
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:40:06 PM »
happy Saturday folks!!!!!

just picked up a brand new P-07.  been wanting a CZ for quite sometime but every time i go in, i end up with another 1911.  i have no idea how that happens!!  the other day i went in my usual shop, they had a couple 1911's but i managed to sneak by straight to the CZ case,  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

its a beautiful gun i must say and i REALLY want the P-09 now haha.

anyway i was thinking of getting the CGW guide rod and spring.  and really pondering their pro kit but in all honesty im too lazy and selfish to send it to them because i know it wont be a 2-3 day thing LOL.  but then again i cant do all that work myself.

i put the safety in right away and cant wait to shoot it.  i know nobody does it yet but SOMEONE really needs to do some kind of extended safety.  im not too sure about the red mag followers either but i guess im stuck with em

here it is resting in its box!!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:44:17 PM by Bryman31 »

Offline Cyanide

Re: brand spanking new P-07 (also new to the forum)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:14:39 PM »
Congrats, and enjoy her!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:17:01 PM »
The red mag followers are because those magazines can also be used in the new p10c.
Welcome to The Forum congratulations on your new purchase.
As far as doing your work yourself,  it's not that big of a deal the JoeMustang99 videos on YouTube will tell you exactly how to disassemble and reassemble that pistol.
Until year-and-a-half ago I never owned a pistol and with those videos I was able to do it if I can anybody can.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Bryman31

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
The red mag followers are because those magazines can also be used in the new p10c.
As far as doing your work yourself,  it's not that big of a deal the JoeMustang99 videos on YouTube will tell you exactly how to disassemble and reassemble that pistol.
Until year-and-a-half ago I never owned a pistol and with those videos I was able to do it if I can anybody can.

thanks for that joemustang99 info.  and its good to know about the p10c.  im a hammer pistol guy so i doubt ill ever get it.  im in colorado and the mags have the 15 rd holes in back but im not sure if they will actually hold 15.....ill have to try em.

Offline thedude

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »
im in colorado and the mags have the 15 rd holes in back but im not sure if they will actually hold 15.....ill have to try em.

Congrats!  The mags should hold 15+2 and one in the pipe 18 total.  O0

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 10:25:20 PM »

thanks for that joemustang99 info.  and its good to know about the p10c.  im a hammer pistol guy so i doubt ill ever get it.  im in colorado and the mags have the 15 rd holes in back but im not sure if they will actually hold 15.....ill have to try em.
. Once you get the po7 all fixed up go ahead and get the PO 9 and give it some cgw love cuz that's even better.
I was carrying the po7 but now I carry the po9 darn pistol shoots better than I do.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Winkel

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 07:37:14 PM »
Congrats and welcome!

Offline mic214

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 08:25:39 PM »
Congratulations!

I just picked up my P-07 (Used) a couple of days ago. Mine came with the factory P-07 mags, but I bought a pair of P-10c mags for it and a pair of the +2 mag extensions. I haven't had a chance to shoot her yet, but just handling it makes me want a P-09 too..... :D

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 09:59:20 PM »
The bright followers can grow on you a bit as it makes a quick press check to verify empty chamber and mag just a touch quicker.   

Once you get to shopping for mags, the P10c mags look more attractive in price than the dedicated P07 mags.

Being a 1911 guy, I understand why you may like the safety, but I really like the decocker set-up.  Just decock before going into the holster, and you are ready to go without needing to flip any switches.  But you'd have to get used to a DA first pull.

Offline copemech

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 01:09:02 AM »
Learn to use that decocker and the DA/SA and you will never go back!

I consider the technology I grew up with old hat now! O0

Offline dc581

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 02:27:29 AM »
+1 on decocker and congrats!

Offline Winkel

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »
+2 on the de-cocker and welcome!

Offline K3JB

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:42 PM »
Enjoy the new CZ, shoot it, then mod it. They are great with some time on the range.
Welcome to the Forum.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 10:16:20 PM »
Welcome to the addiction! The P-07 is an excellent CZoice all around.