Author Topic: New Rami BD at the range today.  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Baddog1963

New Rami BD at the range today.
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
I fell off the CZ addict wagon and picked up a new Rami BD. I got it home, stripped it, cleaned it, lubed it up and headed off to the range. My ammo consisted of 100 rounds of my own recipe hand loads and 50 rounds of S&B 115gr.

I started out with the hand loads in the 10 rd magazine (I never tried the 15 rd extended mag). The magazine spring was so stiff that I could only load 7 rounds into it. With that 1st magazine, I had 1 FTE on the 3rd round.

The 2nd time I loaded the magazine, I could get 8 rds loaded. With that magazine, I had 1 failure to go completely into battery. A light push with my thumb put the slide into place.

The 3rd time I loaded up, I got all 10 rds into the mag. All 10 rds down range without a problem. The rest of the hand loads and all of the S&B ammo fired without a hitch.

My accuracy wasn't anything to brag about at first, but by the end, I could live with the results. I own the lack of accuracy. I need to get used to the 2 fingered grip of the 10 rd mag. I also have issues shooting low/left with all of my compact CZ's. I attribute this to shooting 1911's all of my life. If I settle down and do my part, I can shoot my CZ's just as good as my 1911's. I am confident the little Rami will dial in to its future CCW role just perfectly.

I only need one more CZ to complete my wish list.....ok 2 more.....maybe 3 more...........CRAP...... :-[
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except Bears.......Bears will KILL you.

Offline Montesf1030

Re: New Rami BD at the range today.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:22 PM »
Congrats ... Pick up mine this week... taking it to the range tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:01:34 PM »
My Rami BD has fired over 1700 rounds in the last 6 months the more I shoot it the more I like it.  My carry load is speer gold dot 124 gr +p it's easy to control and very accurate. Change the outer recoil spring every 600 - 1000 rounds and keep on shooting you will love it.

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:39 PM »
With you on the accuracy thing.  This was the end of today's outing.  Attempted torso shots (emphasis on "attempted") were shot 1-handed (5 w. each hand) and head shots were 2-handed.  All @ 21'.  I'll own the left drift as I'm still learning ho to shoot this one...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:51:47 AM by C. Andrew Dunning »

Offline Baddog1963

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »
My winter/main carry is my PCR with HST 147gr +P's.......scary accurate! The Rami will eventually replace my Beretta 84F as my warm weather carry, so I have a few months to get dialed in.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except Bears.......Bears will KILL you.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »
The Rami is great, the more I shoot it the higher on my EDC list it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
Took it to the range yesterday!!! Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JoeSig

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
Bought one back in July - 400 rounds down range, mainly by my wife.

The low left thing was experienced by us both - I too believe it's us, not the RAMI.

We did have some failure to fully load into battery in the 1st few mag loads - I recall mostly with the 10 round one.

Just getting used to it....as with anything, practice is always imperative. I noticed I needed to take some extra time acquiring sights - I believe this can be worked out with more practice.

I have the Cajun trigger / hammer spring kit for it but have not had time to install....I lost some precious shooting time this summer... :-\ Also need to figure out how low I can go with the hammer spring but still get boom with a reasonable array of ammo.

The goal is to have this as EDC - if the trigger tune can be acceptable to the wife, I'll "try" to buy another one for myself...It was tough getting this one.

Happy shooting.

JoeSig

anything