Author Topic: Bought a RAMI.....disappointed  (Read 1235 times)

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Bought a RAMI.....disappointed
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 08:26:08 PM »
Sorry, should have been more specific. "Nowadays" a lot of shops won't switch it out as once the paperwork is signed, it's yours. There by making it a warranty issue. Until the paperwork is signed, it's still their property.
   Either way it sucks, and I hope CZ USA gets you fixed up quick.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting the gun back. I received an email last Monday saying they will keep me updated on the progress once, each week. I'm anxious to see tomorrows email.

Offline Papersniper

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
Picked up a brand new, in the case RAMI today. Got home and noticed the left grip panel was loose.......

Don't take this as a criticism, just a gentle reminder to others who can prevent such things, hopefully. I got bitten myself once....ordered online, rifle arrived, checked it over (but not closely enough!) and found out is was the wrong caliber after I'd completed the FFL transfer. You have the right to refuse to take delivery if the item shipped to you is not correct. Just call the shop and tell them the problem, and ship it back to them....hopefully at their expense. Once you sign that transfer, things can still be corrected, but it takes quite a bit more time and trouble.

Hopefully others will learn from our mistakes!  ;)

Offline Papersniper

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »
..... I bought it online from deguns.  I would think that they would have exchanged it, but no. They told me to send it to CZ. ......

Once you completed the FFL transfer the the selling store cannot legally take the gun back. At that point it technically becomes a "used" firearm, and they can't really handle those....don't want to anyway. Just shows each of us need to do as thorough a pre-transfer inspection as possible. I have gotten paranoid in my old age (I buy a lot of gun on line) and have developed a routine for checking them prior to doing the paperwork. I only had one mistake/error/manufacturer glitch in the last 50 or so firearms. I think your experience was very, very rare, but I understand why you are upset with CZ. Hopefully once the frame is repaired/replaced it will become one of your favorite handguns.  8)

Offline 2ByoungAgain

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 11:58:22 AM »
I realize it was a NEW firearm and why would I want to repair a new firearm myself? However, I wonder if you had the proper size TAP, if you could've just run it through and fixed the threads?  I've done this before, not on a firearm but on vehicles with bad threads in places. I know it's water under the bridge now, but something to consider in the future. Granted, if you didn't get it fixed, then CZ may have said it looked tampered with. I will close by saying, if you have the tools, give it a shot, but don't force things to the point of making it worse; you have to evaluate the situation prior to deciding if retapping will solve it. If there are no threads visible, probably not going to work. If it's just a moderate damage and a screw replacement and thread cleanup, very good chance it would be fixed easily. As for my RAMI, it took me a while to get used to the sights, but like all CZ's I've had, it is Flawless in operation; no matter what I put through it.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
I have the tools including a set of taps. The hole in the frame appeared to be elongated so tapping it was out of the question. The bushing was cross threaded on the grip screw and I'm sure it would have to be replaced. The only real fix I can think of is to re-drill and tap the frame plus install oversized bushings. That was something I didn't want to do to a new pistol.

I did get another email yesterday telling me it will be another 3-4 weeks before I get the gun back. In the meantime I'm stocking up on ammo and targets.

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »
Be sure to let us know how well it shoots and how well you like/dislike it after you get it back and have had a chance to shoot it.  I suggest you also clean those mags inside and outside before using them.

Offline dfernturtle

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 06:32:35 PM »
Hey Pierce,

Relax and exercise a little patience (I know it's not easy). I'm pretty sure that CZ USA will make it right. I got a brand new RAMI in 40S&W that just wouldn't behave, feed issues and out of battery glitches. Sent it in once and they polished everything up, still had issues. Second time in they called me and offered to polish up and test shoot a brand new CZ 2075 BD and send it out to me. I'm much happier with the one they sent out, better sights, the decocker is great, balance is great, and accuracy is great too.

Sure, I had to wait - but CZ USA took care of me, and I got a gun I like better than the first out of the ordeal.  :)

Cheers,
--
Daniel

Offline Pierce

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »
I'm waiting patiently. It's all I can do.

anything