Author Topic: Bought a RAMI.....disappointed  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Pierce

Bought a RAMI.....disappointed
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Picked up a brand new, in the case RAMI today. Got home and noticed the left grip panel was loose. Come to find out the grip screw bushing was cross threaded into the frame. The hole in the frame is stripped and distorted. This is a gun I ordered online and had shipped to a local FFL holder. Now what do I do? I researched carry guns for 4 months before springing for this gun as it was a one shot deal due to finances. I thought CZ was the best choice for me, but I am highly disappointed that they sent out a gun like this.

Offline Meechy7648

Re: Bought a RAMI.....disappointed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:28:45 PM »
Call them and tell them. They will fix it. Or take pics and email them. I'd call and be prepared to send pics if they ask.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Pierce

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »
Thanks, Meechy. So much has gone wrong lately and this just pushed me over the edge.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
That is a bummer. As Meechy said, call CZ USA. They will get it fixed.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline nicky

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 04:51:10 AM »
Thanks, Meechy. So much has gone wrong lately and this just pushed me over the edge.

"When you're going through hell, keep on going"

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about the issue with your new gun.  As stated, CZ will take care of the problem.  Don't give up on it.  I don't buy guns online cause I like to hold and inspect them-but that is just me.  I feel bad for you cause I suggested on another forum that you look into the RAMI.  Just know you aren't alone, some of us have to deal with the SIG 320 issue-bad juju.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Nick, At least I didn't buy a Sig.  ;D

Offline best sale

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 04:36:04 AM »

"When you're going through hell, keep on going"
^^^^
Keep ur head up & keep on keeping on Brotha man....

*** there was two sets of footprints in the sand,
Then there was one set of footprints in the sand
When times get hard and bleep hits the fan,
God don't walk with me he carries me***

Offline Pierce

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »
Thanks, folks. I think I will like this gun a lot once it gets fixed. CZ did send me a return authorization number. On an "up" note, my Vedder holster came today. I think I will like that also.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 10:13:33 PM »
CZ will make it right so don't worry. I just recently bought a BREN direct from CZ and some things got mixed up...they didn't hesitate for one second to make it right!

Keep us posted...

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about that being wrong. I've learned that even with good companies with great manufacturing tolerances there's things that slip through. What makes a great company is how they respond and it sounds like CZ is taking care of you. Once they get it sorted out you'll love it. Keep us posted.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

The Guardian

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:52:17 PM »
you didn't mention if you got to shoot it or are you waiting for repairs to be made..........owned a BD version, really a nice shooting gun......in the big scheme, the cross threaded screw memory will be just that once you get to shoot it  ;)

Offline Pierce

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
I didn't shoot it. I didn't even load it. I bought it online from deguns.  I would think that they would have exchanged it, but no. They told me to send it to CZ. Normally that wouldn't bother me but as of right now I have an estimated 4-6 weeks before I get it back. Hopefully all will be well then.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
I'm sure CZ will take care of you. Once you signed the paperwork accepting the pistol, Deguns can't switch it out. Had you noticed it at FFL, you could have refused it, and contacted them. Then they could have switched it out for you.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
I'm sure CZ will take care of you. Once you signed the paperwork accepting the pistol, Deguns can't switch it out. Had you noticed it at FFL, you could have refused it, and contacted them. Then they could have switched it out for you.

I worked in the gun business for a number of years. A gun can be returned after the paper work is signed. Infact,  I had returned a Ruger Super Blackhawk that I had owned for a number of months. That gun had been retuned to Ruger several times because the ejector rod housing kept falling off. I got a full refund on that gun.

I did notice the grips were loose while the FFL holder was writing it up. Since the FFL holder didn't have proper (hollow ground) screwdrivers I told him I would tighten the grips when I got home. At the time it just looked like the grip screws had backed out. Of course when I got home I discovered the real problem.