Author Topic: New P07  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Scott65

New P07
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »
Picked up a new to me, used P07 today. Supposedly had 400 rounds, and that seems about right. It's my first CZ, and after shooting it for the first time, I have questions(Naturally). I'd like to reduce the DA pull weight, which seems fairly common. I've looked at some of the CGW stuff, as I also wanna have a shorter reset. SIG has spoiled me in that department... My question is whether I can, and if so, what combination of parts is required, to simultaneously reduce the DA pull weight(by 2-3 pounds), and INCREASE the SA? The SA pull is a little lighter than I'd like. I'm talking about maybe adding a pound. Can it be done? The trigger pull is actually pretty smooth, I didn't know what to expect in that aspect, since you do hear of some being rough. Also, does the short reset kit also lessen some of the take up? There is more than what I'm used to right now. The thing shot well, never skipped a beat. I put a hundred rounds of 115 round nose, and 50 rounds of 124 hollow points. All went well. Thanks for any input.

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: New P07
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
Don't see how you will increase the SA pull weight. You can easily reduce DA pull weight and reset by installing a SRS and lighter mainspring through CGW.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
Increase the single action pull weight by putting in a heavier sear spring. Give cgw a call they'll fix you right up.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Scott65

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:48:43 PM »
I'll do that. Thanks for that info

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »
Could always ask CZ Custom to do a DAO-conversion as they did on mine; an amazing 6 1/2# pull that's smooth as silk! The biggest factor in the weight reduction was the 13# mainspring they installed. To ensure 100% ignition they also added an extended firing pin, and it's functioned flawlessly.

Offline Scott65

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 10:59:01 PM »
I prefer DA/SA, but it's good to know that it's available for those that prefer DA only. If I could get 8.5/4 that would be about perfect for me.

Offline Scott65

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »
If anyone could direct me to some conclusive info on night sights I'd appreciate that as well. Not thrilled with the ones I've seen so far. Meprolites r ok, but not my favorites by far. The gold ringed ones r interesting, but I'm doubting they pop as well as red or green. Anyone with firsthand experience on those, I'd love to hear it. I found a post on here while searching, where someone was gonna report back on using 75b fronts, but I couldn't find said report... That would probably open up the options if it works? Any help appreciated, my eyes aren't what they used to be...

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
I'm 57 year old eyes aren't what they used to be.
, I don't see quite as well at night. IMHO
Most defensive shooting is point-and-shoot, at night you may not see your Target anyway so what good are seeing your sites,  what  you're really want to see is the target. put a Tac light on your defense pistol. And or a Tac light laser combo.
That's just my thought your opinion may be different.

Offline Scott65

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
I understand what you're saying. The good night sights I've used help with daytime shooting as much or more for me as they would at night. They're just easier to see in all conditions, for me anyway.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 04:18:32 PM »
I understand what you're saying. The good night sights I've used help with daytime shooting as much or more for me as they would at night. They're just easier to see in all conditions, for me anyway.

I like nities for the guns I keep for home only use and I will carry those at night at times but I have actually gone to a fiber optic front and plain black rear for my daytime carry guns. I'm over 50 so age is getting to be a factor and I've found I can really acquire that fo front sight much faster and clearer during bright daylight hours compared to the night sights I used to have. Just my opinion on what I've found to work for me.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »
If you want a light (not arguing - I have lights on 3 CZ pistols and a couple AR 15 pistols and a couple AR15 carbines) be sure to practice with those guns - with no ammo in them - till you are used to using the light vs. the trigger.

You don't want to pull the trigger when you meant to light the light or light the light when you need to be pulling the trigger.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline LonChaney

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »
Call CGW. Order the Pro Grade upgrade kit. And the Trijicon night sights (made by Dawson precision).

Or send it to CGW and have them do it all. 

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 06:27:07 AM »
I saved a lot of money by using bright fluorescent paint on the front sight only.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 06:30:35 AM »
Actually I believe the best sights I've ever had I put on my Springfield XD mod 2 they were Diamond speed sights. Very fast sight alignment, Unfortunately they don't make them for CZ

Offline Scott65

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »
DOC, I have done that before with good results and it will probably be my interim fix until I gain more experience in what's available.for this pistol. Thanks to all for reponding.

anything