Author Topic: Got my guns back from CGW, but now I'm having a dumb question  (Read 650 times)

Offline microtough

Got my guns back from CGW, but now I'm having a dumb question
« on: August 13, 2017, 03:14:55 AM »
Sent my SP-01 and 75B SA to CGW for upgrade, great job done, brought them to the range and they shoot like dream; but I'm having a very dumb problem right now: I couldn't took the barrel out for cleaning, both guns. The barrel moves freely in the slide but not able to be taken out, it got "stuck". Is it because of the installation of 10x bushing, or simply there's some "trick"? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Offline SoCal

Re: Got my guns back from CGW, but now I'm having a dumb question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:08:50 AM »
The CGW bushing makes removing the barrel more difficult, put a little oil between the barrel and bushing.  Don't force it there is a spot where it will come out, after all the barrel went in.  Try gently jiggling the barrel as you remove it from the slide after oiling the end of the barrel.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »
microtough,

A simple call to tech support will get your issue explained in about 30 seconds.   Please feel free to call.  Your barrels were removed multiple times before they were shipped to ensure proper fit and function. 

Offline microtough

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
Thank SoCal for your tips, I will oil it and try it again; And thank you David for your prompt reply, I will call tech support tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
Tight is good, it will come out. Gently pull it back to stop rotate left or right while gently lifting, do not force it.

Offline microtough

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
I did it! I took the barrel out! Thank you guys, I love this forum! ;D

anything