Author Topic: Can't go back to work without a few down range  (Read 478 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Can't go back to work without a few down range
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:07:21 PM »
It's my sanity medicine, as it were.

Took the BREN 805 and the P-10C back out. Cast loads in both. Suffice to say the P-10C hit everything at 15 yards without any issues, trigger was boringly repeatable and about perfect, no bobbles or burps.

BREN shot cast at 50 yards and gave me one really nice group with the load I was sure was going to be lousy, due to bad run out on the bullet. Weird.

Go figure. Oh well. Made a bunch of empty brass and had a good time, see? I'm smiling, really. It wasn't even hot, only 103 this afternoon.

Offline woodstock31

Re: Can't go back to work without a few down range
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »
Nice range selfie! Are you casting your own bullets or are these store bought?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 03:36:12 AM »
The 9mm I shot were home cast by me - the .225 cast were actually done as a favor by a great guy at castboolits.gunloads.com so I could try out some different versions. All I did was powder coat and resize them.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »
I liked these: a) This comment: "It's my sanity medicine, as it were."  Well said!  I tell people that I need therapy and people understand what I mean. b) NICE pictures--good clarity.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 12:36:30 AM »
Cell phone if you can believe it - the camera in my phone beats the Canon I had 5 years ago. Thank you for the reply. :) It WAS fun.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 09:45:20 AM »
I like Canon cameras--have replacement digital but smart phones "take" good pictures.  I do not take phone pictures and do not post reloading recipes.  T-time (trigger time) and range therapy makes me feel almost normal.  ARMOREDMAN, I used to cast but I never tried coating lead.  I loaded some sample Blue Bullets--fired a few in a non-CZ .45 and looking good.  I want to try some 9mm 125 grain Blue Bullets in a CZ P-09.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »
Congratulations on having a great day at the Range!  8)  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »
Thank you. :) Delta, I have used the Blue bullets in the past - when I get near my home computer I'll see what I have in data from them. They left blue smears all over everything. :(
Powder coating is dirt simple and dirt cheap, to be honest. Fun stuff, just takes time, that's all.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
 armoredman, I have only loaded Blue .45's but I plan to try samples of 9's and 40's.  I tried the 45's and they worked well (easy to load in my Dillon (but I have single stage press)). I tried the 45's in a Springfield XDM 5.25" comp.  I want to try Blue 9's 125 gr in a CZ P-09. I had not before tried coated projectiles.  I used to cast lead (with additives, so to speak) in real H&G moulds and other brands.
DeltaGray is out on this transmission (over and out for now) except to say "range time is therapy for me".  I attempted to help people shoot skeet on Saturday (19AUG17).

Offline CardiacColt68

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »
Bren 805! 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline copemech

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 12:55:48 AM »
Get one of those cameras on a stick and you can put it where de sun don't shine! HA! O0

Just joking!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »
I looked - for some reason I didn't save the specific data for the Blue projos. Bummer. I do have a bunch of data for cast bullets in 9mm CZs, if you use Accurate Arms powders.