Author Topic: CZ P07 IWB Carry Position and Features  (Read 267 times)

Offline SlvrDragon50

CZ P07 IWB Carry Position and Features
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »
I just bought a P07, and I am starting to look at High Noon Holsters since I won the raffle. All I know is I want IWB, but I've never carried before as I can't carry in Illinois (at home 90% of the time, in class the other 10%, $300 for a license in addition to a new class even though I have CCW in Florida).

I'm looking at the following:
https://www.highnoonholsters.com/turning-point 3-5:30 o'clock pancake

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/close-encounter 1-3 o'clock pancake

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/direct-hit 3-5:30 o clock

I'm 5'10" 175lbs and generally don't wear baggy clothing so I'm leaning towards the Turning Point since I know that was made for only a tucked in shirt (which I will be wearing a lot).

My questions are:

1) Will carry position make a difference with a double stack P07?
2) Clip vs strap?

Thanks for the help

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
Re: CZ P07 IWB Carry Position and Features
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »
I dont know a ton about kydex but in looking at the choices I may have a little IMHO thoughts as a long time carry guy. I dont like IWB at all so I am real sensitive about any iwb I get.

Sounds like you will be wearing any of these in Florida where its hot as hell AND humid so starting there I think all three choices being somewhat low profile are good choices. The wide ones with a clip on either end might be great for someone who lives in colder weather but I am in AZ and I dont need no giant piece of leather between my pants and drawers to add to the heat.

I really like that "Turning point" because its a flat back and a hunk of leather at that so it should prove to be more comfortable against your body than straight kydex. Only down side is sweat. In Florida you sweat A LOT. You can maybe seal the back more with additional acrylic so it doesnt absorb the sweat and get nasty or just be sure to take it off, take the gun out and let it dry out. I dont know what they do for sealer on the backside of there holsters but it looks like they have smooth sidee up and its kind of tough getting a good sealer job on the rough side. They are in the business though so I am sure they know a bunch I dont. but .. I really like the turning point from a comfort angle.

Second up for me or first depending on when I am looking at it would be the "Direct hit" I prefer taco designs in IWB holsters. I just think they are less prone to pressure from the belt than are flat holsters. The draw is consistent and I find reholstering easiest with taco designs especially when used IWB. I like the natural colored leather interior. Nice touch and makes it look sharp and should make for a super silent draw compared to kydex which is important if you decide to become an international assassin. Or just because its pretty damn cool.

The "Close encounter" just doesnt light me up. You are getting one free so it doesnt matter but if I am getting a molded leather back just give me a fine leather holster. Now I may be a little slanted there. It seems needlessly wide too. Add some sharp corners and ... well to each there own but that one does nothing for me.

Strap vs clip .. you would be fine with both in almost all circumstances. I prefer the metal clips to the plastic ones because I actually had a plastic one start to make its way loose from my belt when I was at a friends. Just the position of the chair and its lean and I just must have pushed up on the holster in just the right way. Never had it happen before or since but it only takes once to get you a little spooked. I have ordered holsters with plastic clips since then and some are indeed just better than others but I never had the metal ones fail.

I go back and forth between straps and clips. I am sure they are using Pull dot type snaps so its very very safe. Usually if I make a design where the attachment device is located at the widest part of the gun then I prefer straps. Just seems more comfortable. If I talk to someone and I feel that they are going to be action jackson .. I might suggest straps. If you are a regular dude going through a regular life .. its hard to beat a clip for ease of use.

I have made stuff for guys that work real physical jobs in funky spots where dropping their gun or their gun and holster coming free might mean they never see it again. Then I suggest one way snaps and straps.

Damn .. I am sure none of that was useful. The babbling of old guys seldom is I guess.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:26:52 AM »
Thank you very much for your insight! I ended up going with the Turning Point after reading your thoughts as well as guidance from High Noon.

I think the Turning point has a metal clip which is good for the reason you mentioned. My worry was that a plastic clip wouldn't really grip the belt right, and I would have a poor draw as a result.

I'm definitely getting a holster from you soon even if I will never get a chance to wear it :P

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 01:47:14 AM »
I hope you will come back and post your thoughts. That is a really nice design and should serve you very well.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 10:37:37 AM »
I hope you will come back and post your thoughts. That is a really nice design and should serve you very well.

In November when I get the P07 :P

I hope you start making holsters for the P07 soon! Love that Cordovan shell.