GENERAL > General Firearms Discussion

Not sure if I should be happy or sad

(1/3) > >>

808:
 Took wifey to the range today to get some trigger time and to sight in a few pistols that I changed sights on. I made the mistake of letting wifey shoot my CZ 75b after she got through with a session with her Glock 22 and 19. I no longer have a CZ 75b.  :-[

Upside is I get to sell/trade her Glock 19 for another CZ.  ;D  Now let's see SP01 or P01...

woodstock31:
Good for you! Having your wife as a shooting partner is ideal in my book.

Sounds like a win win. My vote is the p01.

808:

--- Quote from: woodstock31 on August 16, 2017, 11:55:17 PM ---Good for you! Having your wife as a shooting partner is ideal in my book.

Sounds like a win win. My vote is the p01.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, it's been a journey. She has some kind of tendonitis in her right hand near the thumb. Usually she just gets a few rounds down range to stay familiar. Today with the CZ she put an easy 100 down all center mass at 10 yards. I am happy for her. There's something to be said for steel framed full size pistols.

M1A4ME:
That's how it works.

Really, if you love your wife and want her to feel good about her self defense handgun it should be that way.

I lost a 3.8" 9MM XDM to my wife.  She shot it, she liked it, she started calling it her "little pistol."

A few years later she shot my P09 in .40 S&W and it shot so much better than the XDM that she wanted it.  She was really unhappy with the XDMs groups after shooting the P09.  However, the P09 is just too big to carry around, for her anyway.

To try to keep her happy I bought her a pretty CZ 75 Compact (an older satin nickel coated gun that really look sharp and came with the box and all the paperwork as if it had never been used much, if at all).  She was happy with that one.  Till she shot a CZ 75 Compact I'd bought for a project.  It shot better for her than her satin nickel compact and she wanted it.  So, that one became her pistol (I did have the slide machined for a DP Pro so now she has a customized CZ 75 Compact.  But she shoots it really well and she has confidence in her ability to use it -- that is what you want.  You want your wife to be confident of her abilities to use her handgun if she needs to use it to protect herself or someone else (you/your children).

Good luck.  It could be fun.

rbmuse:
I lost my FN 5.7x28 that way. My wife tried it loved that it was so light and had no real recoil. Then I traded for a CZ 75B, my groups are half the size of the FN groups. Love my CZ and I am not planning to let her shoot it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version