Author Topic: Sp01 locked up  (Read 555 times)

Offline darkwaters

Sp01 locked up
« on: August 17, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
Ive had my sp01 decocker for a few months now maybe have 600 or so rounds thru it.

This morning i tried to chamber check before i put in my holster and couldn't get the slide to move passed the take down notches.  Tried thumbing the hammer back and it wouldn't move either.
Very carefully i removed the slide and emptied the chamber. Pulled the trigger and  nothing. No hammer drop decocker dead. Trigger seems to be jammed.

I checked with a flashlight thinking junk got stuck in the pistol and nothing found. Put everything back together sans loaded round and sharply smacked the slide muzzle end into my hand and what ever it was worked it self out.   Multiple racks and decocks and da and sa trigger pulls , pistol works fine.

I need to clean it and other than grips its stock.

Any suggestions on what to check for?  This is my main carry and its so far never given me as much as a hickup.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
Re: Sp01 locked up
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 03:49:20 PM »
Recoil spring binding?
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline darkwaters

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 04:11:44 PM »
Recoil spring binding?
Dont think so,  wouldn't stop hammer from moving

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »
Tried thumbing the hammer back and it wouldn't move either.

Very carefully i removed the slide and emptied the chamber. Pulled the trigger and  nothing. No hammer drop decocker dead.

If you couldn't thumb the hammer back, that means the hammer was down.  If the hammer was down, then the hammer wasn't in a position to drop anywhere or for the decocker to work to begin with.  These two statements can't both be true.

Put everything back together sans loaded round and sharply smacked the slide muzzle end into my hand and what ever it was worked it self out.

How can you know something worked itself out by smacking the muzzle into your hand unless you see it fall out, and if you see it fall out, how can you not know what it is?

Any suggestions on what to check for?

Trolls?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »
Guess.
Grips?  Have you had the hammer spring or mag brake out recently?
Is the mag break and hammer spring in properly?

Offline The Guardian

• Always watching...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:18:55 PM »
Regardless if its working now......I would totally disassemble everything and inspect every single part and surface.  I've had firearms that just had some small debris wedged in a spot that intermittently caused problems. Until you know what or where the problem is, I wouldn't trust that its okay now.  If after a complete takedown and reassembly its good....so be it, but until there is a really thorough look-see I wouldn't trust it........just me
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." — John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist" (1976)

Offline darkwaters

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
Its getting a strip down and thorough cleaning when i get home.

Offline Genin

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 10:28:09 PM »
That's good thinking. I'd strip it down and then do some polishing too lol. While you're at it add a cajun gun works firing pin retaining pin, floating trigger pin, and reduced power trigger return spring ;-)

Offline darkwaters

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 10:38:06 PM »
That's good thinking. I'd strip it down and then do some polishing too lol. While you're at it add a cajun gun works firing pin retaining pin, floating trigger pin, and reduced power trigger return spring ;-)
Thats the plan.  I gotta get a surplus 85b up and running 100% first. Cleaned the hell out of my sp01, a 85b and my ruger gp100. The  sp01 clean feels alot smoother, less gritty. Thinking she just needed a good cleaning. Plan on range time this week end so we will see.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »
Highly doubtful on a stock pistol, but maybe double check that the hammer pins are correctly staked and not walking out?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline darkwaters

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
The CGW pro package was ordered and now im learning how much of a PITA the decocker sear cage can be. Everything that could be polished has been polished and i found burrs stuck in the trigger bar  from the back of the frame. Waiting on a lifter spring that went rouge and then we will see.

anything