Author Topic: My first CZ 75 rounds down range.....I'm a fan boy now.  (Read 395 times)

Offline FN in MT

My first CZ 75 rounds down range.....I'm a fan boy now.
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
 Snagged a 75 B yesterday , standard, 9mm gun. Along with a 17 rd Mec Gar mag. New in box gun with the two factory mags.

Hit the range quick this morning as I had some rds to run over the crono before I loaded up some new bullets for 10mm. Did that quick, that went well.

Lubed up the 75, ran a patch down the bore and proceeded to whack the living crap out of my portable, flapper plate. This is one EASY gun to shoot!  The recoil is not only minimal, but the slide feels as it it's on bearings, with a buffer on each end.  The only other guns that feel that "smooth" to me, are the SIG X-5's in nine, and my old Wilson CQB in .45 acp.

I was immediately impressed. Where  have You been all these years CZ?? I blame lousy marketing. I see very few CZ's at shows or especially at shops.  Why I never tried one before this mystifies me.

My only MINOR issue is the factory mags were tougher to load than my lone Mec-Gar 17 rounder. May need some loadings to smooth up, but they simply did not load as effortlessly as the Mec-Gar did. And the corners of the base plate are sharp as well. Don't care for that.  Wonder if anyone makes a replacement base plate similar to the thicker, rounded polymer plate on the Mec-Gar's?

A pretty minor complaint.

I fear I may have a new  "interest".  Exactly what I need too. My S&W revolver collecting, as well as LR rifle shooting "interests" are not expensive  and time consuming enough.

FN in MT

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:01:01 PM by FN in MT »

Offline krehmkej

Re: My first CZ 75 rds.....I'm a fan boy now.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of CZ.
Shot one the first time at a steel challenge match.
Now I have four of them.
Very likely another will come your way soon.
And, don't ignore CZ rifles, either!
-jwk-

Offline FN in MT

Re: My first CZ 75 rds.....I'm a fan boy now.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »
 I discovered CZ rifles a long time ago. Had a 9.3 x 62 for several years and have a few of the .22's and a .17 hmr in the safe.

Great, REAL wood and metal rifles, made the way they used to be.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: My first CZ 75 rounds down range.....I'm a fan boy now.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 06:55:16 PM »
FN,  there are a number of base plate options for the stock B mags,  but the rubber base plates fit,  look good and last forever  &  tactical mag changes don't hurt your hands at all.

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »
 I think I'll replace the stock mag pads with the CZ rubber base pads....Thanks!  Reasonably priced too.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:11:31 PM »
Welcome to the addiction!  8)

Offline cntrydawwwg

My first CZ 75 rounds down range.....I'm a fan boy now.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:18:53 AM »
FN, for mags, Gregcote is one of the best prices. And quick shipping. http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/?zenid=6jphfakt93vnsj9kmkpu24u9u2
   Welcome to the addiction
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:52 AM »
Greg Cote was a few bucks cheaper than Brownellls....Plus he had the CZ base pads...Thanks for the info!

Also ordered up a set of Bogie , palm swell grips too.

So much for that $00.00 Visa balance I HAD.     LOL.

FN

Offline Beak Boater

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »
Welcome to the sickness!!! I think CZ's are one of the best kept secrets going. When I am at the range folks ask what kind of gun is that? I tell them CZ, they sort of turn their head sideways, kind of like a dog when he hears a strange noise.  Its almost comical.
Most competitive shooters will walk up and say nice CZ, they are recognized more around matches for their reliability and accuracy.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
  "Welcome to the Sickness" is right!

Found a new  Shadow 2 on Friday and bought it.

Put a few hundred more rds through the 75B this morning after installing new sights and grips. It NEEDS a SA trigger job......badly. Far too much creep. So need to address THAT at some point down the road.

Maybe I'll send it off to Cajun for a little tweeking?

I'm glad I have a busy week ahead...it will keep my mind off of WAITING for the Shadow to get to my FFL.  I think I'm fairly satisfied now. LOL.

anything