Author Topic: Today was Czech gun check day  (Read 916 times)

Offline CCW-Ohio

Today was Czech gun check day
« on: August 18, 2017, 04:41:45 PM »
I took my PCR and P-01 to a local range, along with a newly acquired VZ.2008. Decided I'd just put 2 mags through each gun, mainly to check function after reassembling the PCR (polishing internals, took the sear cage plunge, and swapped some springs.

I also changed grips to a palm-swell version of CoolHands.

I think that I'm going to have to spend more time dry firing. Seems like I was all over the place, even at 7 yards. Mind you, I'm not Operator Zero, but I can make ragged holes at this range with my G19 (won't type the whole name here, avoiding the ire of my fellow CZ-obsessed peers).

At this point I'm thinking that my inconsistency is about a couple of things: (looking for edits/comments on this list from you)

-Adjusting to CZ geometry from the G19
-Adjusting to hammer fired from striker fired trigger
-Adjusting my eyes to stock sights on CZ from Nite Sites on G19
-My eyes are just getting old.

Any additional thoughts on what's going on with this?

Offline Pops1911

Re: Today was Czech gun check day
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 08:09:29 PM »
Trust me.  Getting old is not for the faint of heart.  LOL  ::)
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline Load4

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:49:59 PM »
Getting older does suck. The PCR sites could be better. But nothing makes it all better than more practice. Still, even a bad day at the range is better than not going at all!
"Hope is not an effective strategy"

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 12:03:43 AM »
Follow through.  Continually adjust the sight picture as you slowly press the trigger.  Don't hurry with the pull just because the sights are aaligned for the first time.

This is critical for DA shots, but also applies to SA during the crappy stock hammer index and the firing pin block lift action.  If shooting fast perhaps tighten up the support hand grip so the strong hand can concentrate on working the trigger smoothly.

Offline KME

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 06:37:43 AM »

Truer words were never spoken.

OP were you shooting DA, SA, or both?

Even with the CGA Pro Package and the 10x barrel bushing, my grouping with any of my CZs (SP-01, BD, PCR, P-01) in double action (or half cocked) is not as good as good as my grouping with my G19 (with a G***k "-" connector and $.25 trigger job). Of course things are reversed when shooting my CZs single action only.

I am practicing with my G19 almost exclusively while I am working on my draw. My goal is to be down zero rather than making a single hole at 7 & 10 yards. A crisp true 4.5 lb trigger and no manual safety allows me to achieve that goal...most of the time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:42:19 AM by KME »

Offline CCW-Ohio

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »

OP were you shooting DA, SA, or both?

Even with the CGA Pro Package and the 10x barrel bushing, my grouping with any of my CZs (SP-01, BD, PCR, P-01) in double action (or half cocked) is not as good as good as my grouping with my G19 (with a G***k "-" connector and $.25 trigger job). Of course things are reversed when shooting my CZs single action only.

I am practicing with my G19 almost exclusively while I am working on my draw. My goal is to be down zero rather than making a single hole at 7 & 10 yards. A crisp true 4.5 lb trigger and no manual safety allows me to achieve that goal...most of the time.

I was shooting DA on first shot, then SA on follow-ups.

This is somewhat different than the trigger on my G19 - also with connector and $.24 trigger job (I just ain't worth a quarter)!!

Re-aquired my G19 from my daughter yesterday as well (put my nearly new TP9SF in her hands to replace).

BTW: Daughter and her friend are picking up CC permits today!! <<----Proud Papa!!!