Author Topic: CGW short reset kit P07  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Scott65

CGW short reset kit P07
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »
Have any of you who installed this kit had issues with it? I have no single action with this kit installed. I can reinstall the factory parts and all's well. It appears as if the lifter is not lifting far enough to release the sear in single action. I will call CGW on Monday to discuss, but was curious if I'm missing something obvious. Maybe someone here knows of a common pitfall of this description... Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:15:27 PM by Scott65 »

Offline Scott65

Re: CGW short reset kit P07
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »
Just came in from the range. I left the firing pin and 18lb hammer spring and wanted to test it. Same as last time, fired every time. Hopefully I can get the short reset working with some guidance from CGW...

Offline Scott65

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 05:00:11 PM »
An update: I spoke with David at CGW, told him the issue I was having. He said that my issue was one he sees in about 1 in 200 guns, and was a timing issue. Basically it was what it looked like, there wasn't enough stroke of the trigger bar to release the sear. He told me the two available solutions were to change the hammer, or remove some of the polymer behind the trigger. I will eventually get the hammer, but for now the polymer removal does the trick. I will also replace the roller, man that thing is funky... It really allows some side to side slop. Hopefully this will be helpful to next "1 in 200".

Offline LonChaney

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »
David is the man.

Offline Scott65

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »
So, as a final update to this story... Today I received and installed my CGW roller. This really helped the DA feel even better. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but it's good. I don't need it to be any lighter, and it's MUCH smoother than when I started. I may or may not get a hammer. I don't like the mush in the SA, but I definitely don't want it any lighter. I will enjoy it like this for a while, then decide later.

Offline Woffar

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »
So you removed the polymer and the single action works as intended? How much did the short reset kit improve the reset?

Offline Scott65

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
I did. I think if I'd had the roller, it would've been unnecessary probably. It made a noticeable improvement. It would probably be even better with the hammer replacement. The mush in the single action makes it "seem" like the reset isn't that short. It's a little deceptive if ur not paying attention. Full disclosure, I'm spoiled by Sigs with srt...

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:37:19 AM »
I may or may not get a hammer. I don't like the mush in the SA, but I definitely don't want it any lighter. I will enjoy it like this for a while, then decide later.

I opted for a heavier weight sear spring to offset the lightening effect of the hammer upgrade.

My previous two UG P-07s had creepy SA triggers but the most recent P-07 I picked up is better - almost good enough to just run stock... but, yes, it will get Cajunized too ;-)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Scott65

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
I have a heavier seer spring in it now. Used the yellow one, there were two. I couldn't tell for sure which one was the heavier of the two, but both were supposed to be heavier than the factory one.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »
I have a heavier seer spring in it now. Used the yellow one, there were two. I couldn't tell for sure which one was the heavier of the two, but both were supposed to be heavier than the factory one.
Why did you install a heavier sear spring?
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Scott65

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »
David told me it would help increase the pull weight of the SA. It was too light for me.(with the factory sear spring)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:10:05 PM by Scott65 »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »
So the CGW sear springs options are color coded?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Scott65

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »
One was yellow, the other was natural.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
One was yellow, the other was natural.

Good to know, thank you for the confirmation.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Scott65

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
No problem. I tried to measure the coil diameter, but it was hard get a caliper around them. I'm sure they could've told me which was which, but I was happy with the feel of the yellow one...