Author Topic: My P-10 C demos  (Read 2717 times)

Offline chadbrochills

Re: My P-10 C demos
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
Ok, is the part officially a "slide lock" or a "slide release"?  This has been nitpicked before for other guns and can vary depending on what a manufacturer decides to call the part. If it is a slide lock as I believe, then it is not designed as a means to allow the slide to go forward after inserting a loaded magazine. The method for that is to pull the slide back all the way, then the slide lock lever moves back down in its operational position, then you release the slide allowing it to slam forward stripping off a round from the mag and chambering it then slide continues forward to its operational position and ready to fire...aka "Sling-Shotting".  I never bothered to read the instructions but I would guess it says something to that effect if that lever is the "slide-stop" or "slide-lock" lever, meant to lock the slide open and stop it from sliding closed. If that's the nomenclature then it works perfectly as designed, it locks the slide the the rear when pushed upwards into the slot on the slide. If the part is called the "Slide release lever" then all the guns should be sent back to the factory and production halted. I doubt this is the case.
The issue with the mag release button is a legitimate concern which CZ-USA should address in the next version of this gun. With a little practice, pushing the button down in just the right way, personally I could live with it if I had to. People certainly should feel they are justified if they send the gun back and let CZ-USA file it down or perform 5000 mag release functions or however many it takes to smooth out. If people bought this gun for self defense and can't get comfortable finding just the right way and spot on the button to push to perform a quick mag swap that their life could depend on, then CZ-USA better be responsive to this complaint.
To sum it up...
1) slide lock lever not meant to release the slide
2) Mag release button sucks and should be fixed at no expense to owner and design should be changed ASAP in follow on production.
THE END

I posted this in another thread where someone was claiming it's not a release. I have over a 1000rds through mine and use it as a slide release 98% of the time, with zero issues.

Read the manual. It states:

"Reloading During Shooting:
When the last cartridge has been fired the slide will stay to the rear. Remove the emptied magazine and replace it with a loaded one. Thumb down the slide stop with the shooting hand (Fig. 5), or with the other hand draw back the slide and allow it to snap forward. The pistol is again loaded and ready to fire."

Figure 5:

So, it is a "stop" using their nomenclature in the manual but also acts as a release. I mean, it's coming from the horses mouth.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 04:57:59 PM »
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the slide locks back on the last cartridge ...to release the slide you either use the slide stop release lever or slingshot it. That's the answer done.
If your slide stopping release lever is stiff put a little sandpaper to it, it's really that simple.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
Ok then, if the manual states you can release the slide with the slide stop lever, then people are perfectly justified in their complaints and CZ-USA should issue a recall and pay shipping both ways to fix it period. Nobody should feel obligated to take it apart and sand anything, or wait until they've cycled the slide X number of times it fired x number of rounds, that's total BS. When the gun is delivered it should work 100% as stated in the manual. If it doesn't then it's on CZ-USA to fix it so it does. They can offer an at home DIY fix instructions if people choose to do so, otherswise they should be able to return it at no charge to be fixed at the factory
I suspect CZ got in a rush to release them since they were already behind schedule drawing a rash of complaints, plus the other manufacturers had already released their new striker fire models into the market. If that's the case, bad on CZ-USA for handling the release of this gun badly.
I sold my CZ P-10C, not necessarily related to these relatively minor (IMO) issues which obviously are not minor to others as is their right to feel that way. I was still impressed with the accuracy of the gun when shooting, but I also bought other new striker fire guns that are just as accurate. Held my own shoot-off between my P-10C and my new Beretta APX and in my case the Beretta won.
These issues with the P-10 in no way affect my opinion of all my other CZ hammer fired guns, which are probably the finest handguns I've ever owned. Nor will this affect my opinion of any follow on releases of the P-10, I would be most anxious to see a full size and Subcompact version coming along soon. I suspect they will have learned a lot from the release of the P-10C, and I wouldn't expect to see this repeated again.. I know many CZ purists will disagree and find no fault with CZ-USA or the P-10C, and that's perfectly fine if they don't mind tearing their new guns apart and finish the manufacturing process themselves with a bit of sandpaper or a few hundred rounds of their own ammo. Perfectly ok, as it is for those who choose to return their guns or sell them. Free will and freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »
The slide stop release on my po7 was very stiff when I first got it , I put a little of my own effort in it and fixed the problem.
You don't want to put in the effort,  send it back,  it's that simple.
I don't mind taking apart one of these pistols and putting a little effort into it to smooth it out.
My effort and $38 turn the trigger on my $419 pistol into a trigger you would find on an $800-$900  pistol..win win for me.
I mean hey if you got a spare $800 to $1,400 then buy a Dan Wesson then there won't be any complaining. RIGHT ??
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:48:51 PM by DOC 1500 »

Offline justifiablyfit

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »

Ok then, if the manual states you can release the slide with the slide stop lever, then people are perfectly justified in their complaints and CZ-USA should issue a recall and pay shipping both ways to fix it period. Nobody should feel obligated to take it apart and sand anything, or wait until they've cycled the slide X number of times it fired x number of rounds, that's total BS. When the gun is delivered it should work 100% as stated in the manual. If it doesn't then it's on CZ-USA to fix it so it does. They can offer an at home DIY fix instructions if people choose to do so, otherswise they should be able to return it at no charge to be fixed at the factory
I suspect CZ got in a rush to release them since they were already behind schedule drawing a rash of complaints, plus the other manufacturers had already released their new striker fire models into the market. If that's the case, bad on CZ-USA for handling the release of this gun badly.
I sold my CZ P-10C, not necessarily related to these relatively minor (IMO) issues which obviously are not minor to others as is their right to feel that way. I was still impressed with the accuracy of the gun when shooting, but I also bought other new striker fire guns that are just as accurate. Held my own shoot-off between my P-10C and my new Beretta APX and in my case the Beretta won.
These issues with the P-10 in no way affect my opinion of all my other CZ hammer fired guns, which are probably the finest handguns I've ever owned. Nor will this affect my opinion of any follow on releases of the P-10, I would be most anxious to see a full size and Subcompact version coming along soon. I suspect they will have learned a lot from the release of the P-10C, and I wouldn't expect to see this repeated again.. I know many CZ purists will disagree and find no fault with CZ-USA or the P-10C, and that's perfectly fine if they don't mind tearing their new guns apart and finish the manufacturing process themselves with a bit of sandpaper or a few hundred rounds of their own ammo. Perfectly ok, as it is for those who choose to return their guns or sell them. Free will and freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

You either have weak hands, haven't  shot it enough, or gotten a one off that doesn't improve. From my experience the gun gets better every time I take it to the range. The good thing is that there are plenty of good Firearms out there to suit everyone

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 03:34:51 AM »
Ok, is the part officially a "slide lock" or a "slide release"?  This has been nitpicked before for other guns and can vary depending on what a manufacturer decides to call the part. If it is a slide lock as I believe, then it is not designed as a means to allow the slide to go forward after inserting a loaded magazine. The method for that is to pull the slide back all the way, then the slide lock lever moves back down in its operational position, then you release the slide allowing it to slam forward stripping off a round from the mag and chambering it then slide continues forward to its operational position and ready to fire...aka "Sling-Shotting".  I never bothered to read the instructions but I would guess it says something to that effect if that lever is the "slide-stop" or "slide-lock" lever, meant to lock the slide open and stop it from sliding closed. If that's the nomenclature then it works perfectly as designed, it locks the slide the the rear when pushed upwards into the slot on the slide. If the part is called the "Slide release lever" then all the guns should be sent back to the factory and production halted. I doubt this is the case.
The issue with the mag release button is a legitimate concern which CZ-USA should address in the next version of this gun. With a little practice, pushing the button down in just the right way, personally I could live with it if I had to. People certainly should feel they are justified if they send the gun back and let CZ-USA file it down or perform 5000 mag release functions or however many it takes to smooth out. If people bought this gun for self defense and can't get comfortable finding just the right way and spot on the button to push to perform a quick mag swap that their life could depend on, then CZ-USA better be responsive to this complaint.
To sum it up...
2) Mag release button sucks and should be fixed at no expense to owner and design should be changed ASAP in follow on production.
THE END

I posted this in another thread where someone was claiming it's not a release. I have over a 1000rds through mine and use it as a slide release 98% of the time, with zero issues.

When the last cartridge has been fired the slide will stay to the rear. Remove the emptied magazine and replace it with a loaded one. Thumb down the slide stop with the shooting hand (Fig. 5), or with the other hand draw back the slide and allow it to snap forward. The pistol is again loaded and ready to fire."

Figure 5:

So, it is a "stop" using their nomenclature in the manual but also acts as a release. I mean, it's coming from the horses mouth.
Well that's great then, FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T able to do it, they have a valid complaint. They shouldn't HAVE to spend their money shooting 1000 rounds for the gun to work as advertised. For me, I didn't care, I sling shot.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 03:37:44 AM »
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the slide locks back on the last cartridge ...to release the slide you either use the slide stop release lever or slingshot it. That's the answer done.
If your slide stopping release lever is stiff put a little sandpaper to it, it's really that simple.
AGAIN, for those a little slow...I don't use the lever as a slide release so I don't care, I'm just saying that the people complaining have a valid beef. They shouldn't have to take apart their gun and do ANY work on it to make it work as advertised. It's really that simple

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 03:42:31 AM »
The slide stop release on my po7 was very stiff when I first got it , I put a little of my own effort in it and fixed the problem.
You don't want to put in the effort,  send it back,  it's that simple.
I don't mind taking apart one of these pistols and putting a little effort into it to smooth it out.
My effort and $38 turn the trigger on my $419 pistol into a trigger you would find on an $800-$900  pistol..win win for me.
I mean hey if you got a spare $800 to $1,400 then buy a Dan Wesson then there won't be any complaining. RIGHT ??
Yep that is certainly THEIR option, is not an issue for me, but for the people complaining they have a valid beef. The gun should work as advertised upon purchase.

Offline chadbrochills

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »
To sum it up...
THE END

Figure 5:

Well that's great then, FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T able to do it, they have a valid complaint. They shouldn't HAVE to spend their money shooting 1000 rounds for the gun to work as advertised. For me, I didn't care, I sling shot.

Valid point, but mine worked fine from day one, I didn't need to put any rounds through it. My mag release on the other hand, it was a PITA but got slightly better as rounds were put through the gun. Only full mags, FWIW. Empty mags release no problem. Trying to release a full mag is a pain.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 12:43:29 AM »
To sum it up...
THE END

Figure 5:

Valid point, but mine worked fine from day one, I didn't need to put any rounds through it. My mag release on the other hand, it was a PITA but got slightly better as rounds were put through the gun. Only full mags, FWIW. Empty mags release no problem. Trying to release a full mag is a pain.
Ok I'm just talking about the others that have had problems.
Oh right cause the full mags are so much heavier so more force on the mag release.  Personally that didn't bother me too much, I was mainly only worried about releasing empty mags then reloading. Maybe they shoulda delayed delivery just a little longer. 

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 01:10:27 AM »
1.  It should work with either method listed in the manual.
2.  If you have a large or non standard bullet shape or the gun is dirty,  maximum recoil spring force may be needed to feed the cartridge reliably.  This is why many organizations recommend always pulling the slide FULLY to the rear.  This is the surest way to get a live round into the chamber
3.  If my CZs didn't do it reliably with my chosen range/comp. ammo,   I would pay extra to get a release with a firm/tactical insert.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 04:24:56 PM »
On my po7 and po9 I love the Tactical mag insert slams that slide shut every time  :)

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 06:42:33 PM »
Wow, that was long. If I do a mag dump in a self-defense situation, I probably need more range time and not a second mag!  Of course just my humble opinion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
Some posts were removed for personal attacks. Save it.

Offline Coleman

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 02:53:43 AM »
Its whatever you wanna call it its a free country we live in i use mine however i see fit being I paid for the thing sometimes I release it on a fresh mag and sometimes I slingshot it. It locks and releases. If yours is stiff for the love of God take light stone and break the back top corner of the "Lock/release" and it will release fine polishing wont hurt either 90% of people polish all the internals of a glock trigger assembly at least ya dont have to do that. I think 1-2minutes of stoning wont hurt anyone and bablame you got yourself a "Slide Release" whether the next calls it that or not.

anything