Author Topic: Is anyone familiar with the Dan Wesson Sure Sight?  (Read 191 times)

Offline DPNM1A

Is anyone familiar with the Dan Wesson Sure Sight?
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:09:58 PM »
I came across a Dan Wesson Sure Sight and I am looking for any info on it that I can find. I've searched the web and have basically come up with nothing.

Were they an item listed in a catalog or were they only dealer demo pieces? Mine has the letter "A" stamped on the upright, "B" stamped on the base and both pieces have the number "2" stamped on them.

If someone has knowledge about them I'd appreciate any info.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:27:15 PM by DPNM1A »

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
Re: Is anyone familiar with the Dan Wesson Sure Sight?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »
Looks like you visited the Dan Wesson and 1911 forums and asked the same question.

I spent some time and look around the rest of the web but didn't find any mention of "Sure Sight" other than a baby monitor, vitamins for improving eye-sight and an apparent "scam" involving a triangular sight for Glocks.

BUT...

Sometimes images are a better way to search for something.

I found a 2012 post on the Dan Wesson forum site which has photos of a Sure Sight with their 44 Mag.  The user name was jaggman in Emmaus, PA.

http://www.danwessonforum.com/forum/dan-wesson-large-supermag-revolvers/the-twin-ihmsa-44-mags-are-here/

He apparently has one. If you can get in touch with him, you might find some answers.

Further down the thread is a link to an eBay auction for a Sure Sight.  The winning bid was $333.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Dan-Wesson-Sure-Sight-Factory-Pistol-Gun-Rest-Adjustable-New-Old-Stock-/180837463023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1ac0b3ef
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:24:00 PM by rdcinhou »
CZ 24, CZ 27, CZ 38, CZ 45, CZ 52, Vzor 70, CZ75BΩ, CZ75D PCR Compact, CZ 75 P07 Duty, CZ75 SP-01 Phantom, Shadow 2 Urban Grey, CZ P09 DUTY, P10C, CZ 82, CZ 83, CZ 97BE, CZ 452 American. CZ 550 UCS (Urban Counter Sniper), CZ 805 Bren, DUO  & Z

Offline DPNM1A

Re: Is anyone familiar with the Dan Wesson Sure Sight?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:49:59 PM »
Thank you for your response rdcinhou.

Yes, I have posted the same question on various forums. I'm trying to not leave any stone unturned. I've kept them to sites that have a Dan Wesson section.

I've seen the eBay ad, it is from 2012 I believe. It doesn't really have any real history and the pics are gone.

I also sent jaggman a PM thru the DW forum on August 14th 2017. I have not received a reply, as of yet.

You seem to have found the same things I have. I'd like to find info on how many were produced, how they could be purchased, how many years they were available etc. There is nothing else I think I can find on the internet.

I'm hoping to find someone who may have worked at Dan Wesson back in the day who may be able to shed some light on this subject.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:30:22 PM by DPNM1A »

anything