Author Topic: CNC warrior trigger  (Read 913 times)

Offline Renegade

CNC warrior trigger
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:41:56 PM »
Guys,  I just ordered my first CSA VZ58 Military and am thinking about adding a steel trigger. Can I replace just the trigger with the CNC Warrio part or do I need to replace the whole FCG? I'd like to have as many 922r parts as possible or I'd just buy a Czech trigger. .  Thanks

Offline Lomx138

Re: CNC warrior trigger
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:33:31 AM »
I replaced entire FCG, don't know the answer to trigger only. But Morgan (Forced March) was very helpful when I did the FCG exchange. You might send him a PM.
Lomx138

Offline eth77

• 7.62x39 7.5x55 40 S&W 357 Mag Love'm All!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »
I have the Bonesteel FCG installed and after a period of time the weapon started "single shotting". It would fire then fail to reset as the disconnector wouldn't re-engage the sear. I spoke with Dan Brown and he indicated that this has occurred before and that it required a spacer on the trigger pin. I had previously had problems with the e-clip on the trigger pin failing to stay in place, so I took out my micrometer and started measuring things. The wall thickness of the D-Techniks receiver is different than the original receiver - it is thicker. That is to make full auto conversions more difficult. That's fine with me, but there needs to be an American version trigger pin with the correct dimensions for the thicker walled receivers. And while I'm wishing, for those of us with the Bonesteel FCG, a spacer to push the sear to the left just a bit would also be nice.

I've taken two metric stainless steel washers and managed to get them onto the trigger pin to shove the sear to the left, but it means I don't have any way to put an e-clip on the trigger pin so constant attention must be paid to the amount of the trigger pin extending to the right of the receiver.
Lifetime Member Libertarian Party - 1975

Folks, I don't care which, NRA, SAF, Libertarian Party, Constitutional Party, whatever - GET INVOLVED NOW! We might not get a second chance if we blow the next election.

Offline LCR

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:39:42 AM »
I have the Bonesteel FCG installed and after a period of time the weapon started "single shotting". It would fire then fail to reset as the disconnector wouldn't re-engage the sear.

I have encountered the same problem.

the contact area between the disconnector and the sear in the Vz.58 is TINY! we're talking a mm or less.

this is my main issue with these rifles. even if all the parts are stock - if there is any left/right play in any of the components - such as the trigger moving left/right if the hole in the receiver is a bit too wide, or the disconnector moving left/right in the trigger, or the sear having too much play on its pin: you will end up with a dead trigger. and play in all these areas adds up

so besides standoffs, I came up with a solution that *should* work fine on our semi-auto rifles, and probably would not work on the auto variants due to the space occupied by the auto sear

I've made disconnectors with an extra large lever:

the engagement surface is now the full width of the sear, and the likelihood of losing contact between the sear and the disconnector is very low
will be testing them next week, and then I will probably put them up on ebay and/or gunbroker. keep an eye out for them

Offline DireSteyr

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:26:05 PM »
Damn, those look awesome. I'm in the prepping stages for a cncw build and I was planning on using a Czech disconnector with the cncw one piece sear. Can you see any reason why your disconnector and the one piece sear woul dbt work together?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline LCR

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »
they should work fine with the one-piece sear

Offline RSR

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
I have the Bonesteel FCG installed and after a period of time the weapon started "single shotting". It would fire then fail to reset as the disconnector wouldn't re-engage the sear.

I have encountered the same problem.

the contact area between the disconnector and the sear in the Vz.58 is TINY! we're talking a mm or less.

this is my main issue with these rifles. even if all the parts are stock - if there is any left/right play in any of the components - such as the trigger moving left/right if the hole in the receiver is a bit too wide, or the disconnector moving left/right in the trigger, or the sear having too much play on its pin: you will end up with a dead trigger. and play in all these areas adds up

so besides standoffs, I came up with a solution that *should* work fine on our semi-auto rifles, and probably would not work on the auto variants due to the space occupied by the auto sear

I've made disconnectors with an extra large lever:

the engagement surface is now the full width of the sear, and the likelihood of losing contact between the sear and the disconnector is very low
will be testing them next week, and then I will probably put them up on ebay and/or gunbroker. keep an eye out for them

Looks good, but do note the scallop on rear of the standard one is to allow it to push out and to the side of the of the sear on return/reset.  Might want to account for that movement in your design.

Offline LCR

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 03:17:38 AM »
I am happy to report that these disconnectors work beautifully, and I've listed some on ebay

feels good to have confidence that your trigger is not going to suddenly go dead

search for MCL Extended Lever Disconnector for Vz.58 or just MCL disconnector

depending on how fast they go, I will make more

UPDATE 11-18-2017: all sold. but there will be another batch soon
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:49:38 PM by LCR »

anything