Author Topic: CZ Phantom Trigger  (Read 564 times)

Offline Quigley

CZ Phantom Trigger
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »
I just bought a new Phantom Pistol. I love the gun but it doesn't seem to have the same quality trigger or sights that is on my other CZ Pistols....SP-01, SP-01 Tac, P-07 Duty.....What can I do to bring its quality up to the standards of my other CZ pistols? Because of its weight it is now my favorite CZ pistol but you seem to have treated it as the Redheaded stepchild of the line.....Whats up with that? The sights on it were kind of cheezy also so I replaced them with the sights on all my other CZ's.....I cannot believe the accuracy of this pistol, along with its weight, makes it one of the best guns in your line up but I feel you didn't show it much love during design and compromised its quality  (sights and trigger).... all else about the gun is perfection!!! ......please advise
              Thank You Kindly
                       Q.

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: CZ Phantom Trigger
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »
I have an original model Phantom and back in the day it had the same slide assembly as the SP01, sights and all. The trigger was also standard factory parts.

What exactly is different on the new series of Phantom's? All I know about is upgraded backstrap, but then I don't follow all the design changes CZ makes.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »
I have an original model Phantom and back in the day it had the same slide assembly as the SP01, sights and all. The trigger was also standard factory parts.

What exactly is different on the new series of Phantom's? All I know about is upgraded backstrap, but then I don't follow all the design changes CZ makes.

Your phantom has the forward slide serrations and tritium sights?

Online cntrydawwwg

CZ Phantom Trigger
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:37:11 AM »
First, welcome to the forum. Second, just to let you know, CZ Custom doesn't make the Phantom, nor do they have anything to do with CZ UB.
   Now that that's out of the way, CZC does carry parts that can tune the Phantom.
   What exactly is it that you don't like about the trigger? It doesn't have the same trigger bar set up as its steel brother, but other than that, most other parts can be swapped out.
   The Phantom, like some of the other models is designed as a combat pistol. It comes with the standard 3 dot glow in the dark sights. ( short of some special orders that did come with Meprolights) Yes they suck, yes I swapped mine out.
    For the most part, we Americans are the ones that like to tweek and tune a pistol. It just so happens that we like to take a pistol built for combat, and turn it into a tack driver.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:48:26 AM »
^^America land of the tack driver? ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Quigley

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »
OK...Tack Driver, I had to look that one up  :o. I have been putting almost 100 rounds a day through this for the last 2 weeks since I got it. I don't like or cant get used to the SA break ......when sitting on the wall and I pull the last few millimeters it is inconsistent, not smooth, and travels to far back before firing.....The biggy for me is the inconsistency. I guess what I am asking is if there is an upgrade kit any of Y'all might recommend that would bring the trigger quality up significantly. money not an issue. please advise

Offline Stuart

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »

Please bring this by. I have not seen one like that
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Online cntrydawwwg

CZ Phantom Trigger
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:00:11 AM »
Quigley,
    Sounds like what you are needing is a CZC  decocker hammer. That will make for very little hammer cam. You'll find that the new hammer will release quicker and smoother than the factory one. I would recommend calling CZCustom and talking with them.
   There are many parts I can tell you to put in your pistol, but that would just be from my preferences. CZC will get you set up, give them a call.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:03:03 AM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »
Yeah everyone is right, the slide is different. It has the SP01 rollmark but it is trimmed down at the front. Had to look at a picture to check, opps.

Swap my sights out 4 years ago to Dawson's. No idea what they were, but I wanted FO on the front.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

anything