Author Topic: New P07 owner  (Read 1135 times)

Offline DOC 1500

Re: New P07 owner
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »
Using the sticky at the top of this forum  section,
Smooth and tune, you're really going to love it.
I read the post, wish the pictures were still attached though.

Either way the trigger on this is significantly better than anything else own. And I can't wait to get it out to the range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
7# 5 oz DA..2# 8oz SA
After $38 of CGW Springs and some polishing.
And my P09 is about the same.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:39:26 PM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »
dallasb, here you go...
do this and you're going to love the pistol .. I've done this to both my po7 and po9.
 checked the trigger pulls,
Out of the box untouched, 
10# 2oz DA...3# 13oz SA
The P09 arrived as a safety but I changed it to a decocker.
I took it apart completely.
Polished everything up real pretty all the metal to metal contact points including the block plunger Channel, Stone and Polished the trigger bar, installed CGW parts , reduce trigger return spring, reduced block plunger spring,
And reduced firing pin spring. And cgw firing pin retaining pin..
put in the CGW 15# hammer spring in the PO 9 .
With a Lyman trigger gauge.
DA 8# 9 oz...SA 2# 8oz.
Disassembled again re stoned and highly polished the trigger bar removed the hammer and stoned and polish the left side of the hammer and the left side of the frame where the hammer rubs, and ended up with DA 7# 5 oz...SA 2# 8 oz
And check some of the other polishing threads in Gunsmithing also. Your results May Vary good luck with the project and happy shooting.
I just copied this from the Tune and smooth thread, I posted this not long ago.......
Thought I would add this to this smoothing thread hopefully it helps somebody make their pistol better.
We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistil.
I know many have sanded that area and Polished to minimize friction.

Well here's what I've done so far.
I disassembled including the hammer and stoned the left side of the frame and the metal block
( where the hammer touches the frame on the left side) then used 600 grit sandpaper wrapped around the stone without oil and then 1500 grit with oil  .
I stoned and then heavily polished the left side of the hammer where it meets the frame. I then reassembled everything except for the slide.
Still feeling a little bit of rubbing, I wedged 600 grit paper between the hammer and the frame by pushing the hammer to the right and Slide the paper in (smooth side of the Sandpaper against the hammer grit against the frame )
 and putting pressure on it,  squeeze the trigger slightly  so that the paper is snug but still can be moved I slid it back and forth numerous times.
I then did the same thing with 1500 grit paper numerous times. Then did the same thing again with the same 1500 grit with oil on it. ( All the sanding is done with slight pressure on the trigger to press the hammer toward the frame.)
GRITTY HAMMER AND PULL GONE...
I can't believe what a difference this process made in the smoothness of the DA pull.
Good luck..Doc
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:29:21 AM by DOC 1500 »

Offline dallasb

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 11:52:50 PM »
dallasb, here you go...
do this and you're going to love the pistol .. I've done this to both my po7 and po9.
10# 2oz DA...3# 13oz SA
Polished everything up real pretty all the metal to metal contact points including the block plunger Channel, Stone and Polished the trigger bar, installed CGW parts , reduce trigger return spring, reduced block plunger spring,
DA 8# 9 oz...SA 2# 8oz.
Disassembled again re stoned and highly polished the trigger bar removed the hammer and stoned and polish the left side of the hammer and the left side of the frame where the hammer rubs, and ended up with DA 7# 5 oz...SA 2# 8 oz
And check some of the other polishing threads in Gunsmithing also. Your results May Vary gouhhhhod luck with the project and happy shooting.
I just copied this from the Tune and smooth thread, I posted this not long ago.......
Thought I would add this to this smoothing thread hopefully it helps somebody make their pistol better.
We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistil.

I disassembled including the hammer and stoned the left side of the frame and the metal block
( where the hammer touches the frame on the left side) then used 600 grit sandpaper wrapped around the stone without oil and then 1500 grit with oil  .
I stoned and then heavily polished the left side of the hammer where it meets the frame. I then reassembled everything except for the slide.
Still feeling a little bit of rubbing, I wedged 600 grit paper between the hammer and the frame by pushing the hammer to the right and Slide the paper in (smooth side of the Sandpaper against the hammer grit against the frame )
 and putting pressure on it,  squeeze the trigger slightly  so that the paper is snug but still can be moved I slid it back and forth numerous times.
I then did the same thing with 1500 grit paper numerous times. Then did the same thing again with the same 1500 grit with oil on it. ( All the sanding is done with slight pressure on the trigger to press the hammer toward the frame.)
I can't believe what a difference this process made in the smoothness of the DA pull.
Good luck..Doc
Wow thank you for taking the time to share the information.

All you guys make this forum a welcoming place.  I've been part of too many others that members seen to be annoyed at newbie questions.

Thanks again everyone.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 03:10:17 AM »
dallasb, I took the time to share it with you because another member on the Forum took the time and shared with me when I was a newbie.

Offline Evolve13

• Para Bellum, then be good at 1000 yards.
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of CZ addicts.  Now you're hooked. 
I have used Alienware and love them if you want polymer. 
For leather, the best holsters IMO are from Boriqua Holsters. 
He is on this site and Etsy. 
I have ordered 4 and will continue to add as I add pistols. 
Best craftsmanship I've ever encountered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men, are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline DW6395

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 08:24:15 AM »
I have several Aliengear and ordered iwb and owb for my first CZ (P 07) as well. They are well built, fit well, and comfortable. They are good for conceal. Enjoy your CZ. Best shooting pistol I own.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »
I have several Aliengear and ordered iwb and owb for my first CZ (P 07) as well. They are well built, fit well, and comfortable. They are good for conceal. Enjoy your CZ. Best shooting pistol I own.
If you like the po7 wait till you shoot a PO 9

Offline dallasb

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
Thanks guys.

Offline DWARREN

• Grumpy Old Guy
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
I believe the P10C mags will fir but they have a different base pad.
I have 2 P-07s and left them stock, they are great pistols.
SHUT UP AND RELOAD!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 05:47:22 PM »
I believe the P10C mags will fir but they have a different base pad.
I have 2 P-07s and left them stock, they are great pistols.
omg, put some cgw magic to it and polish it you'll love them even more.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
Congrats!!! I pick up my new P07 yesterday afternoon... Can’t wait to take it to the range on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »
Congrats!!! I pick up my new P07 yesterday afternoon... Can’t wait to take it to the range on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations! I see that your P-07 came with magazines that fit the P-10C. That's interesting :)

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »
1st trip to the range today for the P-07 and the CZ Rami

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cz_po7

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
dallasb, here you go...
10# 2oz DA...3# 13oz SA
DA 8# 9 oz...SA 2# 8oz.
And check some of the other polishing threads in Gunsmithing also. Your results May Vary good luck with the project and happy shooting.

Good luck..Doc

I’d love to see your tuning process via video. Great job!