Author Topic: Novak cut  (Read 2372 times)

Offline smashworth

Novak cut
« on: August 27, 2017, 07:54:48 AM »
Can CGW cut my slide to fit Novak sights?  If so, how much?

Offline inspector1999

Re: Novak cut
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 08:30:33 AM »
Yes they can. I had it done to my SP-01 Tactical.  Expect around $100. You have to call to set that up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline smashworth

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:33:53 AM »
Yes they can. I had it done to my SP-01 Tactical.  Expect around $100. You have to call to set that up.

Trying to decide between this and the new adjustable sights. How do yo like the novaks? Did you have to change the front sights as well?

Offline inspector1999

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
If I would have had the option for the new adjustables, I would have used them and not cut the slide.  They were not available when they worked my gun.  I had them replace the front with a fiber optic sight to match the blade rear. That said, they did an awesome job.

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 01:59:38 PM »
If I would have had the option for the new adjustables, I would have used them and not cut the slide.  They were not available when they worked my gun.  I had them replace the front with a fiber optic sight to match the blade rear. That said, they did an awesome job.

What rear sight did you go with. The previous owner of my Accu-Shadow ordered it with the novak cut. I'm not sure i'm going to like the installed rear site.
Notch is .156" wide.

Offline inspector1999

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 02:16:15 PM »
It is the LPA-TRT listed on the Cajun Gun Works Website.  It is a nice sight.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »

Any lo mount 1911 rear sight will

What rear sight did you go with. The previous owner of my Accu-Shadow ordered it with the novak cut. I'm not sure i'm going to like the installed rear site.
Notch is .156" wide.

Any lo mount rear sight will work with that dovetail cut. We make a nice fixed rear for it. There are some aftermarket adjustable that will work too.

Offline cdhbrad

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
CGW built a PCR for me and I had them mill the slide for a "Novak" cut rear sight. I prefer the Harrison rear sight with a .140 wide square notch rear cut.  I sized the width of the front sight to approximate.125".  This is the same setup I use on all my fixed sight 1911s.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:39:02 PM by cdhbrad »

Offline schmeky

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 09:17:05 PM »
We have done many Novak cuts, which happens to be my favorite:
https://cajungunworks.com/product/15339-fully-adjustable-rear-sight/

Any Novak rear sight will fit, but you must be careful when using a fixed rear; you have to make sure the front regulates properly.  Obviously this is less of a problem with an adjustable rear, like our 15339, which is a superb sight.

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 09:23:53 PM »
Any lo mount rear sight will work with that dovetail cut. We make a nice fixed rear for it. There are some aftermarket adjustable that will work too.

Thanks, I've been looking at the one on your site.
Wish there were more pictures of it than just from the rear.

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »
We have done many Novak cuts, which happens to be my favorite:
https://cajungunworks.com/product/15339-fully-adjustable-rear-sight/

Any Novak rear sight will fit, but you must be careful when using a fixed rear; you have to make sure the front regulates properly.  Obviously this is less of a problem with an adjustable rear, like our 15339, which is a superb sight.

Been looking at this one too. What is the cost without the milling?
What size front do you recommend. I currently have a 6.5mm front.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
Mick-S,

The 6.5 mm front is the right height for this sight.  We sell these for $65.00 (not on the website) so please call if you need one.

anything