Author Topic: MAC - Restoring a Pre-B CZ 75  (Read 747 times)

Online Scarlett Pistol

Re: MAC - Restoring a Pre-B CZ 75
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »
I'm glad Mac is doing more with CZ's... But sort of not, because it exposes our hidden gems  O0. We are lucky though. Having SP01Shadow show us his restorations really spoiled us.
Yep, very disappointed to see SP01SHADOW leave the forum.
I agree, a real lose to our community.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline Tok36

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
I'm glad Mac is doing more with CZ's... But sort of not, because it exposes our hidden gems  O0. We are lucky though. Having SP01Shadow show us his restorations really spoiled us.
I agree, a real lose to our community.

What? I am out of the loop it seams. Edit: to avoid further derailment of the thread i will take this to PMs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:09:27 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
As much as some sort of coating is closer to the "original" for these '84 to early '90s Pre-Bs, the steel frames just beg for bluing to elevate the beauty of these pistols. After having said that, I have an early Pre-B currently undergoing refinement and refinishing with a brushed hard chrome finish. It had already lost its original blued finish (apparently parkerized by a former owner) and a mismatched SN barrel with some odd coating on it. I decided that this one should have a special finish as I already have an original blued one. Hope to have it in another month or so.

Online Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
As much as some sort of coating is closer to the "original" for these '84 to early '90s Pre-Bs, the steel frames just beg for bluing to elevate the beauty of these pistols. After having said that, I have an early Pre-B currently undergoing refinement and refinishing with a brushed hard chrome finish. It had already lost its original blued finish (apparently parkerized by a former owner) and a mismatched SN barrel with some odd coating on it. I decided that this one should have a special finish as I already have an original blued one. Hope to have it in another month or so.
Oh man, do share pics when you get it!

"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline thedude

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »

That sucks, I'm sure he had his reasons. 

I think Tim said he didn't remove the sights because he wanted them to retain zero.

Offline nevada

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
He mentioned the trigger pins were different diameters. I put a CGW floating trigger pin my pre-B, but had to hammer it in. The old trigger pin is solid, at least on mine.

The floating trigger pin went in with light thumb pressure on my CZ97.

Online Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 11:13:25 PM »
He mentioned the trigger pins were different diameters. I put a CGW floating trigger pin my pre-B, but had to hammer it in. The old trigger pin is solid, at least on mine.

The floating trigger pin went in with light thumb pressure on my CZ97.
Pre B trigger pins and the holes are different. Not by much though. The trigger pin on my pre-b was a pain to get out. Had a punch casualty...

I removed a little material so the pin would slide in from only the right side. Then made a notch based on where it sat in the frame with the fitting. Don't be mad David... I didn't look up if your floating trigger pin works on pre-b's, and I promise you'll keep making oodles of money off me...

2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 06:55:37 AM »
I use CGW floating trigger pins in my pre-b's. They fit fine, with one exception. In that one the holes were slightly misaligned from one side of the frame to the other. My guns are from the early 90's, could be that some early guns have different diameter holes. You will find a surprising amount of variation in the early frames.

Offline John1125

• Leaving a carbon footprint one round at a time .
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »
I have a 87 year model and the trigger pin was off the chart tight . I busted 2 starett 1/16" punches getting it out , I got a floating pin from CGW and it does not fit , it was a couple of thou. bigger than the hole so I had to fit it .

Funny it fits perfect in a 95 year model that I have , so like Earl said you never know.

Kirk
Life is too short to live with a sorry trigger............

You shoot 250,000 rounds figuring out your mistakes , you shoot the  next 250,000  trying to correct them........

CZ75B
PreB 75
Transitional 75

Offline RPN

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
That was a fun video.  He sounds like a kid with a new toy!

anything