Author Topic: Damage to finishing when attaching a flashlight (TLR-1 HL) to brand new SP01 Tac  (Read 398 times)

Offline myczaccount

So I just picked up a new SP-01 Tactical yesterday and when I got home, I attached my TLR to it. I immediately noticed some marring on the rail (again, brand new gun). Upon searching, I found a thread here: https://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-549556.html which seems to address this, as well.

I know its not a huge deal and it can prob be fixed with a bluing pen if I was so inclined. However, I'd just like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:02:27 PM by myczaccount »
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
[Pending] CZ "SP-01 Compact" (SKU: 99021)
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
AR-15
Mossberg 500 Field/Security Combo

Online Genin

I have small finish wear from my weapon light and holster on my SP-01.

Offline myczaccount

I have small finish wear from my weapon light and holster on my SP-01.

Thanks. I guess it's normal
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
AR-15

Offline t107

Looks ugly but might work being composite ?

Offline flattusmaximus78

Been there done that, it stings for a while, but the pain will pass.

Offline myczaccount

Been there done that, it stings for a while, but the pain will pass.

Ya I figured it's normal but just wanted to ask here too. Honestly, this is gonna be my HD/range gun for the foreseeable future so I'd expect it to get beat up. My only real concern is resale value in the future but if this is a regular occurrence, I doubt it'll have much impact. But again, I see myself having this gun for a long, long time.
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
AR-15

Offline flattusmaximus78

Used SP01's go near $600 around here, I can never get to them in time to see the actual condition, but that says it all. Once you get some miles on your SP01 you wont care what it looks like, those things can make anyone shoot well.

Offline myczaccount

Used SP01's go near $600 around here, I can never get to them in time to see the actual condition, but that says it all. Once you get some miles on your SP01 you wont care what it looks like, those things can make anyone shoot well.

Used for $600? That's more than they can be found new sometimes. I got mine for $599
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
AR-15

Offline flattusmaximus78

Yeah, it stinks. I paid MSRP once, and saw one in .40 the other day for $740... no thank you my friend. Found 3 new ones for $640 is, but they were gone.

Offline Struckat

I have had my light on and off a bunch of times and not made a mark.

Offline jstanfield103

I have a Streamlight TLR-2 HL, I also have had it on and off several times without a scratch. Wonder why you are having the trouble ? Is it sliding back and forth on the rails. Is the key not tight enough in the slots ? I just looked at the key in mine and it does not have a number on it, I ended up filing the number off of it so the light would set deeper on another pistol.

Just some of my thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:10:41 PM by jstanfield103 »
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline Struckat

A burr or sharp edge on the light?