Author Topic: CZ Czechmate Parrot  (Read 7952 times)

Offline Independent George

Re: CZ Czechmate Parrot
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »
It's a race gun, not a collectible. I'd shoot it and keep shooting it, like it was meant to be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline Grizzlie

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »
It's a race gun, not a collectible. I'd shoot it and keep shooting it, like it was meant to be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes! Same. Get that bad boy (girl?) Dirty! My guns are for shooting. And such a nice looking gun has the added bonus of shooting in style!
'...if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence'

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
JMHO, The  "value" of a firearm is that it does what you bought it to do.  The better it does it,  the higher the value...to You.
If you bought it as some kind of investment,  don't shoot it.
If you bought it to be a shooter,  shoot the heck out of it and win those competitions!

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »
All very valid points and opinions.

I bought it as a gun for my collection and am lucky to have 2 Czechmates to shoot for fun.

So to keep it in pristine condition, from a collectable point of view it will be a gun on the wall for me.

Thanks for all the input.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Long_shot

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »
That's beautiful. It'd be tough not to take it out to the range though.

Offline cattivo

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
All very valid points and opinions.

I bought it as a gun for my collection and am lucky to have 2 Czechmates to shoot for fun.

So to keep it in pristine condition, from a collectable point of view it will be a gun on the wall for me.

Thanks for all the input.

I guess having a regular Czechmate, not shooting the Parrot is understandable. I'm just getting more into CZs, have only a TS but have a Parrot incoming in a week or two which I'll be shooting. It's one of those things where I doubt value will be affected much; if someone wants ome, they'll pay for one, even used.

I've seen a few of your other posts, and know you're also into the Sig Mastershop pistols. Those are my bread and butter. I used to just let them sit in the safe. After getting rid of a few, I realized the waste of that. So, now, I'm shooting everything.

Offline cattivo

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
My Czechmate Parrot arrived yesterday!  It's got the TSO checkering.  Although the checkering covers a smaller area than the Tactical Sport's checkering, it still feels very good (grippy) to my hand. I likes!  Of note is they still use the TS style checkering on the front of the trigger guards.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:56:38 PM by cattivo »

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:53 AM »
Very nice!  Agreed, that TSO checkering is so much better.  That's going to be a great piece to show off on the range!

Offline Gwelo

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
Hope it's ok to resurect this thread as I am interested in the TS Orange and the evolution of the Czechmate.

cattivo, is the "newer" style checkering found on your Cz'mate the only difference you've found in your pistol vs the pics posted by Evolve13? It appears in your pics that the frame has not been changed to the TSO style with the undercut trigger guard and beavertail. Does your TS have a similar frame to your Cz'mate?

Offline sean_t

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »
My TSO-orange frame is almost the same as my Czeckmate. The only difference I could observe is the beaver tail extends a bit in Czeckmate.

Offline muncie21

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 06:14:10 AM »
Dustcover on the CM will be slightly shorter (because of the comp) than a TS or TSO.  TSO and CM frames are almost identical; TS is completely different.