Author Topic: HB Industries P10 trigger  (Read 47448 times)

Offline dwhitehorne

Re: HB Industries P10 trigger
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »
With me if I shot with the first joint of my finger on the trigger safety it wasn?t a problem. I normally shoot with my trigger finger closure to the tip of the pad. When doing that the raised trigger safety would irritate my finger after 100 or so rounds. If that makes any sense. David

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »
With me if I shot with the first joint of my finger on the trigger safety it wasn?t a problem. I normally shoot with my trigger finger closure to the tip of the pad. When doing that the raised trigger safety would irritate my finger after 100 or so rounds. If that makes any sense. David

I always shoot with the first joint of my finger on the trigger safety so maybe that's why its not an issue for me. Thanks for responding.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline wyoung

« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »
I took a round file and slowly took the edge off the little trigger safety "dingus" until it flushed up to the face of the factory trigger.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2017, 10:46:11 PM »
I took a round file and slowly took the edge off the little trigger safety "dingus" until it flushed up to the face of the factory trigger.
That?s what I did to the factory trigger and it was much improved. Just had the desire to try the HBI, wasn?t worth it for me.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline Jeff25

« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2017, 03:14:23 PM »
I FINALLY got to the range this week for another go with the HBI trigger (+ new talon grips) and my polishing job. Mixed results. I still got the pinch with my first few shots, but my polishing work helped to some extent. The lesson from this trip is that the gun is absolutely better than I am, and it?s going to hold me accountable. If I use the proper finger tip press on the trigger, no worries. If I drift off and start hooking my finger around it, it?ll remind me in no uncertain terms. I?m still glad I swapped the trigger, because the rounded profile with the exposed safety ?blade? didn?t feel good at all.

I believe I?m done spending money on this pistol. I just have to figure out what holster to get for it and I?ll be set!

Offline cremaley

« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
So here is my question. Since I don't have any issues with the stock trigger pinching my trigger finger, are there any other benefits of switching to the HB Industries flat trigger. After having the trigger components polished and the stock striker spring replaced with a 3.5 pound one, trigger pull averages 4.27 and my P-10 is a joy to shoot. I'm also not bothered by the aggressive texturing on the grip. In fact, I really like it. Would appreciate your comments.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »
Did anyone notice that the Theta trigger no longer has the fangs. Pure flat trigger.. I really don't think it's fair to take my money twice, but I bought the revised model. Hopefully it performs just as well.

Offline cremaley

« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2018, 10:56:06 PM »
Mine is the original with the fangs but they don't bother me so I have no intentions of getting the revised one.
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2018, 11:31:05 PM »
If your trigger works just fine, stick with it, no need to "upgrade" when you are already happy with what you have. :) My issue was the bottom of my fat finger scraping along the inside of the trigger guard and pinched between the bottom of the trigger and guard. It only bothers me after I shoot a few hundred rounds or so. I'll look at the CGW trigger when I can, hopefully the full 100% upgrade kit if I can sell enough blood plasma!

Offline cremaley

« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2018, 11:45:36 PM »
If your trigger works just fine, stick with it, no need to "upgrade" when you are already happy with what you have. :) My issue was the bottom of my fat finger scraping along the inside of the trigger guard and pinched between the bottom of the trigger and guard. It only bothers me after I shoot a few hundred rounds or so. I'll look at the CGW trigger when I can, hopefully the full 100% upgrade kit if I can sell enough blood plasma!

What will the 100% upgrade kit consist of?
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2018, 02:05:19 AM »
The Pro Package from CGW, when they get enough items to offer it as a package. :)

Offline cremaley

« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:12 AM »
The Pro Package from CGW, when they get enough items to offer it as a package. :)

Thanks!
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2018, 08:55:42 PM »
Did anyone notice that the Theta trigger no longer has the fangs. Pure flat trigger.. I really don't think it's fair to take my money twice, but I bought the revised model. Hopefully it performs just as well.

I got tired of the fangs biting and filed them off the other day.  The trigger feels really, really good now.  I'm at a loss as to order another HBI trigger for the second P10C or wait for the CGW parts.  I'm sure that the CGW parts will make a big difference but with the fangs removed, the HBI trigger is really good in itself.

Offline watchluvr4ever

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2018, 09:58:19 PM »
So here is my question. Since I don't have any issues with the stock trigger pinching my trigger finger, are there any other benefits of switching to the HB Industries flat trigger. After having the trigger components polished and the stock striker spring replaced with a 3.5 pound one, trigger pull averages 4.27 and my P-10 is a joy to shoot. I'm also not bothered by the aggressive texturing on the grip. In fact, I really like it. Would appreciate your comments.

Hello, where did you source the 3.5lb striker spring? Thanks!

Offline cremaley

« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2018, 06:01:13 AM »

Hello, where did you source the 3.5lb striker spring? Thanks!

When you purchase the HB Industries flat trigger, it come with a 3.5 pound and a 3 pound striker spring in the kit.
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380