Author Topic: HB Industries P10 trigger  (Read 47466 times)

Offline bigmatt17073

Re: HB Industries P10 trigger
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2017, 03:33:55 AM »
I had Thursday off and planned to head to the range. Rain kept me indoors so I headed to a local indoor range.......and they had no power!!! So I looked around and hoped power would come on, but it didn't so I left without shooting.  I headed back the next day before work and was able to put some rounds through the P-10c with the HB Industries trigger.  I ran a mix of Fiocchi 115 gr, Federal HST 124gr and Lawman 147 gr. In total I ran a little over 200 rounds through it with the new trigger.

Here are my thoughts on the HB Industries trigger. First it worked flawlessly and I didn't have any issues what so ever. The best parts of the stock trigger are still there: the crisp break and the short reset. But, what isn't there is the dingus that doesn't go flush and irritates your finger after a longer range session. The little curved end of the HBI trigger is great to keep your trigger finger in the same spot. It also stops the sometimes trigger/trigger guard finger pinch with the stock trigger. The reduced pretravel is great as well.

Overall, I absolutely love this gun now. I liked it before the trigger upgrade, but now it is almost perfect. The trigger fixed two of my issues with it (trigger pinch and irritation), and shortening the pretravel and going a little lighter in the pull weight was just an added bonus. I am a fan of the flat type of stikerfired triggers like the HBI and Apex. I have an Apex on a Glock 26 and one on my M&P 9L PC. The M&P was along for this range trip because I wanted to better zero the Vortex Viper red dot when used with my Griffin Optimus. So I got to compare them side by side in the trigger department. The M&P is lighter and has a shorter overall travel and reset, but the break is not as crisp. The trigger upgrades on that also cost more than $100 over the price of the HB Industries kit for the P-10c.

The P-10C needs a bit more rounds through it with the new trigger for me to be 100% confident in it (probably 95% right now) than it looks like it will go into my carry rotation possibly replacing my CGW pro packaged P-07. I bought a Dara holster for the P-10C plus I found two Glock 19 holsters I own that fit it perfectly as well.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2017, 04:21:16 AM »
I had Thursday off and planned to head to the range. Rain kept me indoors so I headed to a local indoor range.......and they had no power!!! So I looked around and hoped power would come on, but it didn't so I left without shooting.  I headed back the next day before work and was able to put some rounds through the P-10c with the HB Industries trigger.  I ran a mix of Fiocchi 115 gr, Federal HST 124gr and Lawman 147 gr. In total I ran a little over 200 rounds through it with the new trigger.

Here are my thoughts on the HB Industries trigger. First it worked flawlessly and I didn't have any issues what so ever. The best parts of the stock trigger are still there: the crisp break and the short reset. But, what isn't there is the dingus that doesn't go flush and irritates your finger after a longer range session. The little curved end of the HBI trigger is great to keep your trigger finger in the same spot. It also stops the sometimes trigger/trigger guard finger pinch with the stock trigger. The reduced pretravel is great as well.

Overall, I absolutely love this gun now. I liked it before the trigger upgrade, but now it is almost perfect. The trigger fixed two of my issues with it (trigger pinch and irritation), and shortening the pretravel and going a little lighter in the pull weight was just an added bonus. I am a fan of the flat type of stikerfired triggers like the HBI and Apex. I have an Apex on a Glock 26 and one on my M&P 9L PC. The M&P was along for this range trip because I wanted to better zero the Vortex Viper red dot when used with my Griffin Optimus. So I got to compare them side by side in the trigger department. The M&P is lighter and has a shorter overall travel and reset, but the break is not as crisp. The trigger upgrades on that also cost more than $100 over the price of the HB Industries kit for the P-10c.

The P-10C needs a bit more rounds through it with the new trigger for me to be 100% confident in it (probably 95% right now) than it looks like it will go into my carry rotation possibly replacing my CGW pro packaged P-07. I bought a Dara holster for the P-10C plus I found two Glock 19 holsters I own that fit it perfectly as well.

Thanks for the detailed review, bigmatt17073.  I'm especially glad to hear about it eliminating the "trigger-finger pinch" or irritation, which is currently my biggest complaint with my P-10C.

Once I buy and install the HBI trigger, the only other change I can think of will be to wait until spare parts are available so I feel comfortable/confident modifying the Slide Release (I currently can't get my usual "Thumbs Forward/High" pistol grip without preventing the slide from locking open after the last round).  I've managed to alter my grip enough to make things work though, so I can cope with it while I wait.

But again, this trigger seems like it will take care of the only "major" problem (trigger-finger pinch/irritation), which has made high round count shooting sessions fairly uncomfortable/painful by the time I'm done.  Thanks again bigmatt17073.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:23:01 AM by Toby196 »

Offline earlan357

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2017, 12:35:02 PM »
Thanks for the detailed review, bigmatt17073.  I'm especially glad to hear about it eliminating the "trigger-finger pinch" or irritation, which is currently my biggest complaint with my P-10C.

Once I buy and install the HBI trigger, the only other change I can think of will be to wait until spare parts are available so I feel comfortable/confident modifying the Slide Release (I currently can't get my usual "Thumbs Forward/High" pistol grip without preventing the slide from locking open after the last round).  I've managed to alter my grip enough to make things work though, so I can cope with it while I wait.

But again, this trigger seems like it will take care of the only "major" problem (trigger-finger pinch/irritation), which has made high round count shooting sessions fairly uncomfortable/painful by the time I'm done.  Thanks again bigmatt17073.

I've also had to change my grip a bit to adjust for the slide release.  Also, shooting one handed, my thumb tip brushes against the back of the control lever.  Mine auto-forwards so reliably, that I'm debating shortening it a few mm.  I'm already going to re-profile my mag release button.  I can get them both nitrided when I get my 2nd slide milled.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »
I've also had to change my grip a bit to adjust for the slide release.  Also, shooting one handed, my thumb tip brushes against the back of the control lever.  Mine auto-forwards so reliably, that I'm debating shortening it a few mm.  I'm already going to re-profile my mag release button.  I can get them both nitrided when I get my 2nd slide milled.
Yeah, I'd like to shorten the left "paddle" section of my Slide Release, probably as far forward as the point where it connects to the rest of part.  But I won't be attempting that until I have a spare to fall back on.  I know there aren't any P-10C replacement parts listed on CZ's website, but does anyone know if replacement parts are available for sale if I were to talk to the correct person at CZ-USA?

Anyways, back to the thread topic, it looks like HBI's website has 4 colors listed (Black, Red, Tungsten, and Burnt Orange) and they are all In Stock now.  I thought the Black version might sell out in a day or two, but I guess they made a big enough batch to deal with the current demand.  Hopefully CZ-Custom gets them back in stock too, as I'd like to purchase it through them (especially after Stuart helped me out with buying a couple extra magazines from them).

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »
Installed mine tonight, no time to actually fire so we'll see how that feels but just dry firing feels nice. Installed the 3.5# spring as a carry gun wasn't worried about lightening the pull up too much. Tried to take a few pulls on the gauge but struggled to get a good pull due to having to engage the dingus.  Overall looks good and feels good, looking forward to shooting with it.

And best of all it now has orange on it, even if it isn't the right shade.  8)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
Well, ain't that purty!  8)

Offline sumoman

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
Ordered two black HBI triggers today for my two P-10c, sounds exciting. I will keep the striker springs stock because I shoot bulk ammo with hard primers.  :D
Now if the Forum can tell me which exactly Dawson front fiber sight fits the stock rear sight, I will be all set. I do not want to change the rear sights. TIA

Offline earlan357

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
Ordered two black HBI triggers today for my two P-10c, sounds exciting. I will keep the striker springs stock because I shoot bulk ammo with hard primers.  :D
Now if the Forum can tell me which exactly Dawson front fiber sight fits the stock rear sight, I will be all set. I do not want to change the rear sights. TIA

My #3 marked front sight measures .155" tall.

Offline j@s0n

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »
I just put mine it.
The trigger feels nice, but my trigger doesn't reset on its own. I double checked that I reassembled it properly.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Offline earlan357

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »
I just put mine it.
The trigger feels nice, but my trigger doesn't reset on its own. I double checked that I reassembled it properly.

Does it stay completely to the rear when the slide goes forward?

Offline j@s0n

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2017, 12:37:01 AM »
I just put mine it.

Does it stay completely to the rear when the slide goes forward?
Yes. I can reset it myself, but there's some resistance.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »
When I first reassembled mine I had the "dingus" outside the frame before putting the pin back through that holds the trigger assembly in place, different symptom (wouldn't move at all) but you might check that.

150 rounds through mine last night, no issues and man is that reset short  :D

Offline Ferris13

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
Has anyone experienced light strikes with any of the lighter springs that came with the trigger?  I know some are using lighter Glock strikers springs as well, any light strikes that you all are experiencing?

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
I've only put 100 rounds through mine since installing the 3.5# striker spring, but zero issues so far.  I've been checking the spent cases and am seeing a good size dimple on them.  I'll put another 100 rounds through it this week and will post up any issues I encounter, but I'm not expecting to encounter any.