Author Topic: Tips to make your forum experience better  (Read 815 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Tips to make your forum experience better
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
I'm relatively new here but not to forums in general. I gotta say, I really like it here. I just picked up my first CZ (sp01 tax) on Sunday and already made arrangements to pick up my second one (the all steel sp01 railed compact). I need to wait 30 days since NJ makes you wait a month between handgun purchases!!

I'm getting addicted quite quickly...

Scarlett, I noticed you have one of these unicorns and may PM you with some questions  when I pick it up.
Welcome aboard and to the addiction. Just pm me whenever you're ready. There's a lot of material on these and I'm happy to help direct you to it and answer any questions!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
I'm relatively new here but not to forums in general. I gotta say, I really like it here. I just picked up my first CZ (sp01 tax) on Sunday and already made arrangements to pick up my second one (the all steel sp01 railed compact). I need to wait 30 days since NJ makes you wait a month between handgun purchases!!

Scarlett, I noticed you have one of these unicorns and may PM you with some questions  when I pick it up.
Welcome aboard and to the addiction. Just pm me whenever you're ready. There's a lot of material on these and I'm happy to help direct you to it and answer any questions!

Amazing, thanks so much. I'm still reading they the 84 page thread on it!
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ "SP-01 Compact" (SKU: 99021)
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
AR-15
Mossberg 500 Field/Security Combo

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »

Amazing, thanks so much. I'm still reading they the 84 page thread on it!
Haha yeah that's turned into a text book at this point. There's a few other helpful threads, depending on what you want to do. I'm here when you're ready.

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »
The only thing I ask is for everyone to have a good time here, learn and teach, and realize nobody is face to face, we can't read body language, so things can and will get misinterpreted, and we can work together to make sure we keep the misunderstandings down to a minimum.
But have fun! 8)

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 06:19:49 PM »
One of the most consistent mistakes I see made is the use of poor thread titles.  If someone wants to make their forum experience better, or wants to make the experience better for others, one thing that person should do is make sure the threads they start have titles that clearly indicate the content of the thread.

This, AND someone in the future has the exact same issue or problem, but they can't search and find that thread because it was named "I have a problem", not "9mm Primer Seating Issue".

Cute thread names are very simply one of the most selfish acts on the forum.

Secondly, don't get your panties in a wad if the Moderator asks you to change your title to something useful or more descriptive. You're thinking personally; we're thinking globally. 

;)
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

anything