Author Topic: Accessories for 97b  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Terry G

Accessories for 97b
« on: August 31, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
I just ordered mine and was thinking about leather and an extra magazine.  I want an OWB holster and was wondering if I might get some guidance from some of our member's that already own a CZ97.  Magazine I will probably order from CZ.  I own a 75b, but I'm sure the 97 is much too big for that holster.  Thanks for any help.

Offline JPCPTx

Re: Accessories for 97b
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
There are some really nice custom holster makers on this forum for them.  Your looking at around 150$ and a few month wait.   I decided I wanted something decent and quick.  I went with

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131888842999

MASC PADDLE OWB HOLSTER FOR CZ 97B R/H

It's not a milt sparks but it's decent for around 50$. 

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rich63

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 05:09:22 PM »
You can go to ebay or Greg Cote and order your magazines. These are Mec Gar 10 round 45 acp magazines. Mec Gar makes the mags for CZ. Whether you go to ebay or Greg Cote, you cannot go wrong with these. With ebay however you get free shipping. They are also cheaper than ordering factory magazines. I'll post links below. Hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mec-Gar-Witness-Tanfoglio-LF-45-ACP-10-Round-Magazine-MGWIT45LFAFC-/172681861830?epid=1310000853&hash=item2834a41ac6:g:AwoAAOSwZKBZHc-F

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-97-97b-cz-97bd-witnesstanfoglio-10-rd-45-acp-mgwit45lfafc-p-1093.html

rich63

Offline JPCPTx

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:31:45 AM »
Know of any extended Mags that work?

JP

Offline cdhbrad

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 12:55:47 PM »
I had a Tucker Gun Leather HF-1: http://www.tuckergunleather.com/the-hf1-belt-holster/ made for my 97B.  Matching Mag holder too.  Both fit perfectly. 

Offline Terry G

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
You can go to ebay or Greg Cote and order your magazines. These are Mec Gar 10 round 45 acp magazines. Mec Gar makes the mags for CZ. Whether you go to ebay or Greg Cote, you cannot go wrong with these. With ebay however you get free shipping. They are also cheaper than ordering factory magazines. I'll post links below. Hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mec-Gar-Witness-Tanfoglio-LF-45-ACP-10-Round-Magazine-MGWIT45LFAFC-/172681861830?epid=1310000853&hash=item2834a41ac6:g:AwoAAOSwZKBZHc-F

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-97-97b-cz-97bd-witnesstanfoglio-10-rd-45-acp-mgwit45lfafc-p-1093.html  Thank you for your help.

rich63

Offline KME

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »
I ordered a custom leather holster and magazine pouch for my 97B from Alex Boriqua. Alex is a member of this forum and makes stunning holsters and belts. Alex will make you a totally custom leather holster for a very reasonable price.

Mine is a dragon scale pattern. I have attached a photo that does not begin to do Alex's beautiful work justice. I strongly recommend anyone looking for a leather holster contact Alex or at least look at his work.

Boriqua leather.com

Offline krehmkej

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 02:17:36 PM »
Just looked up Alex.
Unfortunately he stopped custom work.
His wares, nice that they are, are limited to stock items now.
-jwk-

Offline KME

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »
I was lucky then, I received my holster on Aug. 29.

Sad I won't be able to get him to make a matching holster for my P-01.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:33:36 PM by KME »

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »
Hey Guys
I was informed by one of my happy customers that this thread was in progress and wanted to answer to whether I am doing custom currently or not directly so as to clear up any confusion.

First .. I kind of stumbled on making holsters for the CZ line. Of course as a gun guy I had heard whispering about the CZ and even owned a couple of Witness models but didnt realize there was a big fan base or why.

Until I bought a couple of CZ's!!

Before I drank the koolaid a very good trusted friend of mine bought a 75b. He had come and spent the weekend at my home, Im a good cook so he is always happy to be here for meals, and he gave me 2 full days of instruction on reloading. I had never done it. I was thrilled!! He has bought stuff from me in the past and always received the friend price but I wanted to do a tiny something and asked what he wanted a holster for.

He had just traded into a MINT cz 75B and commissioned me to make him a holster. I ordered a blue gun and made his holster and some 5 weeks later I gave it to him and he loved it. I charged him "0" dollars and wondered what the hell I would do with the blue gun I bought and decided to see if CZ guys liked pretty leather.

Turns out .. THEY LOVE IT!

Now after handling his 75 I got the bug. You know the one, and 2 weeks later I had a steel compact in my hands. Now ... I was bit and bit hard. Oh man this CZ thing is awesome and why didn't I try one sooner. I have had dozens of guns that have been sold off but my CZ is bad Ass.

And so started my making things for the CZ. I am retired and make things because I love doing leather work and its a few extra dollars but I am not going to get rich or even sustainable any time soon. I make what a part timer at walmart makes.

So custom orders ... here is the verbatim response, good or bad, that I gave to a great client when I was asked if I was still doing custom orders.

It's copy pasted so its in its boring entirety and you can judge me as you see fit. I still think that I make a holster at MINIMUM the equal of a galco in materials, designs and workmanship ... and I make em pretty at the same or lesser cost.
See the answer below

"Is it true you stopped taking custom orders?"

"Well that is only partially true. I am still very happy to make and decorate any holsters I offer based on molds and patterns I have and can be convinced to pick up new molds and develop new patterns for them if I see the opportunity to use it over again but what I stopped doing was trying to develop new patterns for one off pieces or perceived need.

One of the very hardest parts of building holsters is developing a great pattern. I swore when I got into holsters that first and foremost they would be great holsters meaning they secured the firearm well, were as comfortable as I could make them and were durable. Then I would make them pretty! Great holsters first and that has everything to do with those stitch lines, controlled shrinkage and some other details. It can take me 3 hours easy for a new pattern to satisfy me and often I sew up some scrap and test fit before I make a new offering adding another hour and days dry time only to make revisions and try again.

But .... no one wants to pay for that when they come to me with a light or laser mounted on the gun or they have some obscure model or their friend told them that 14 degree can't is far better than 18 and could I just go ahead and revise my pattern which changes how it goes around the mag catch and how I deal with the sights.

So instead of making something I am not happy with I would prefer just not to undertake it. I am retired from the rat race and do this for fun and a few extra bucks and can be picky. If however someone is desperate to have something oddball done, and I get some real oddball requests sometimes, and they want to pay a few extra bucks for R&D I would still consider it.

Making cool looking designs carved or stamped on patterns I have worked out though I am always up for!
Alex"

Right now I have patterns and molds for the cz in
OWB pancake, IWB offset clip and Avenger for
P01
75 full size no rail
75 compact
rami
While the PCR is very very close to the CZ compact it is 1mm off in a couple of dims and I have finally found a pcr specific mold and will add it this week.

Oh and I hope to add paddles soon but I have been down with a medical issue for 10 days which has had me away from my work and I want to spend more time with the paddle holster I made and judge its benefits and short comings well before I go and offer them to others. I am sure there will be some modifications to my first design so It will be a couple of weeks before I am comfortable making paddles for anyone else. Three, four weeks on my body everyday will tell me what can be better and I wont release it until then ... but then .... You have another choice in paddle holster and there arent many out there. Me I like paddles.

Happy shooting fellas!
Alex

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:06:24 PM by Boriqua »

Offline JPCPTx

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 06:35:14 PM »
Glad to hear it Alex.   Look forward to getting one of your pieces of art soon.

JP

Offline Vernonion

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 06:29:31 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Alex. I truly  hope the medical issues are over and you have a long and healthy life, partly for selfish reasons. Looking forward to the paddle for one. It is a fine line to walk keeping a cherished hobby from turning into work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Alex. I truly  hope the medical issues are over and you have a long and healthy life, partly for selfish reasons. Looking forward to the paddle for one. It is a fine line to walk keeping a cherished hobby from turning into work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am back at my bench today and expect to get three orders out this week. YAY!
You really dont appreciate what a big part of life meaningful satisfying work is until you cant work!

I have worried in the past about letting my hobby turn into a miserable job and it could happen because in my last life I was a sick workaholic working 12-15 hour days 6-7 days a week. I keep this in advanced hobby status by taking my time and treating each piece of leatherwork like little works of wearable art even if it means someone walks away because I am too slow. If you take a close look at my hand stitching I think you can tell I want to get the details right.

If I go over to making it business and knocking things out just to increase my take .. I will be unhappy and the product will suffer. So .. I hope to remain a little nobody craftsmen the rest of my life and let big companies be big companies.

Offline .45 acp nut

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 02:04:56 PM »
VERY NICE looking leather!!!     Just an FYI...... IF you are looking for a kydex holster, the Bladetech holster for the SP-01 has been working for me, with the 97B, for the last year in USPSA L-10 Division. I had to loosen the tensioning screws a little to get the big gun in the holster, but otherwise worked great.... As an aside... I also bought some +2 base plates for the 9/40 mags and modified them to fit the 97B mags. They are very close to the same width but you have to remove some of the plastic in the front to get them to fit. You will only get 1 extra round, but my motivation was to be able to insert a full mag (10 rounds) into the pistol with the slide closed, and not have to worry about whether or not the mag would seat fully & lock in place. Before:top  After:bottom https://ibb.co/jHB3p5
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:23:24 PM by .45 acp nut »
Sempr Fi!

Offline krehmkej

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 12:42:03 AM »
Raasco makes beautiful high grade 97B grips.
-jwk-

anything