Author Topic: Making a SP-01 SAO  (Read 653 times)

Offline Cbass

Making a SP-01 SAO
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
Just ordered and sp01 safety model. I think I'd like to make it SAO with out there firingpin block. So do I just remove the disconector and install the SAO trigger? If I get the race hammer with adjustable sear Do I just need the spacer to get rid of the fpb? also is there any point in getting the extended firing pin and lighter hammer spring? since it will be SAO
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:48:15 PM by Cbass »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Making a SP-01 SAO
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
This will show/explain to you how to do whatever you want in your conversion.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85985.0

The extended firing pin question. I got a reduced power firing pin spring, 15lb hammer spring, CZC Competition Hammer and converted a fellas compact to SAO with no FPB system. It have a 2.5 lb trigger at that point. If you wanted to try and go even lighter then you may want the extended firing pin and a lighter spring.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:08 PM »
You do realize it's an addiction, don't you?

This is just the first.

You'll want to do it again,

and again,

and again,.....
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Cbass

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
thanks Scarlett I've done canjunfied a p01 and a 75bd I've not worked on a safety model.

M1A4ME Im totally hooked my next purchase was gonna be a cz rifle but after a couple of drinks and seeing a good deal online I've got another pistol.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:07:01 PM by Cbass »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »
thanks Scarlett I've done canjunfied a p01 and a 75bd I've not worked on a safety model.

M1A4ME Im totally hooked my next purchase was gonna be a cz rifle but after a couple of drinks and seeing a good deal online I've got another pistol.

Hahaha that's funny! I couldn't imagine what my collection would be like if I drank... That would be bad news for me.

No worries. I just figured it would save time and he more thorough to have you watch the SAO videos in there compared to me typing it all out.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline Cbass

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »
Thanks for doing those vids. I haven't had a chance to watch them all yet but very nice job. Really is a great group of people here.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »
If you've already worked on a decocker model, the safety model will be a breeze. The sear cage is much easier to work on as you will be dumping the lifter and spring for a spacer. And there isn't a decocker lever spring to deal with either. Pull the disconnecter out and whaaaalaaaa!

Offline Cbass

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 05:46:04 PM »
Put a 100rnds through my new SP 01 this morning. it's tight for sure. The trigger is  borderline awful. I know they smooth out a lot after a few hundred rounds. But my 75bd trigger is so much better it's not even close.  I really dislike the curved trigger also but the night sights are great. I'm gonna polish up the insides tonight.
Definitely ready to go SA.
So I can use the factory sear with the CGW hammer? I just have to fit it to the saftey? Is there a difference between the competition legal hammer and the race hammer ?  I only compete against my buddies. No rules  :D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:52:40 PM by Cbass »