Author Topic: Sig Legion  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
Sig Legion
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »
So as much as I love CZ, I have to say while Sig most of the time makes a great gun, you guys must shoot one of their Legion pistols.

These are really quite incredible. 

I have 4 and will be buying the new 10mm soon.

I am contemplating the 357 as an additional EDC. 

The darn thing weighs so much though. 

Any comments on shooting them or as an EDC?

Thanks

SI VIS PACEM
PARA BELLUM
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
Re: Sig Legion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »

Didn't post in first one

SI VIS PACEM
PARA BELLUM

Offline joel0019

Sig Legion
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:27:14 PM »
What calibers are the sig ?
Also with a 357 sig are you worried about over penetrating ? Lately ive been thinking about a getting something in 357 sig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:29:17 PM by joel0019 »

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
I currently have the 357 Sig, 9mm, 45 ACP and the 40 caliber.  The 10mm just came out.

I used to carry my Glock 357 Sig, but for me the recoil was vicious.

Second shot acquisition took a bit too long i felt because the round has so much punch.

I put an extended barrel with slotted ends pushing the velocity up, and that did help a bunch keeping the gun down.

The extended barrel though made it a bit too long for IWB carry.  It came past the holster end and dug in to my side.

The 357 Legion is amazing.  A tack driver.

It makes a shooter a good shooter and a good shooter a great shooter.

The trigger and reset are epic.

The entire pistol is so well engineered, beyond even the quality you expect from Sig normally.

One downside, the gun is HEAVY HEAVY.

I am sure that is one of the reasons why this pistol has so much less recoil, but its a bear to carry OWB.

IWB is a bit better, but still heavy.

I love the round for self defense, its gonna stop a threat right quickly.

And if the round doesn't, the BOOM it makes might scare everyone under the bushes.

Not too worried about over penetration with this round any more than others, for this pistol the only down side IMO to EDC is the weight.

Hope that helps

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
I have been trying my utmost to resist, and I've not been a Sig fan or owner so far, but a Legion in .357 Sig is really tempting.

I'm not much worried about over-penetrating a bear, which is why I usually carry a .357 Magnum when I am "out there", but having more rounds and somewhat less weight is appealing.

Of less appeal is spending the money and also bulking up on ammo for yet another caliber.

It seems that I always need just ONE more gun.....
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »

It seems that I always need just ONE more gun.....
[/quote]

ALWAYS ONE MORE.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 10:26:35 PM »
Shoot the Legion, any Legion and you will be hooked.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 03:37:35 AM »
I have the P226 Legion in .40 S&W (I wanted another .40 after my P-07!) and went ahead and bought the .357 SIG barrel.

It shoots very well in both calibers, but you're right--it is quite heavy compared to comparable CZs.

My first observations after getting it was that SIG had added features to the P226 which made it more like a CZ ergonomically.

Side note:  when choosing a .45 caliber, I rented a P226 to try, but settled on the CZ97B instead.

I don't know if I'd get another Legion, though the P220 coming out in 10 mm would be a nice addition to my DW Bruin in 10 mm (I like to have at least 2 guns in each caliber just in case one has problems, I can always have to way to "spend" the ammo).

ps. I don't think very much of the "coin" and "presentation case" concept of the Legions, or of the SIG store "specials" just for Legion owners.
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 06:28:58 AM »
My first observations after getting it was that SIG had added features to the P226 which made it more like a CZ ergonomically.

Side note:  when choosing a .45 caliber, I rented a P226 to try, but settled on the CZ97B instead.

I have handled the legion most recently the 10mm but they just do not feel good in my hand and the trigger in the particular gun I looked at was nothing special. For me the grip just isn't right and I'm not a fan of the high bore axis. Not knocking Sig I just don't see them working for me and I can't consider the cost of one when I don't feel good about it going in.
The Legion was not in production when I bought my 97BD but even if it had been the 97 would have won out. Every time I shoot that gun I think about selling all my other .45's
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:40:10 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 07:06:29 AM »
Folks who like the size and weight of a 97 might like the SIG Legion series just fine.  I still have two P-226's in 9mm and an X-5 All Round in 9mm.   I've done all the work on them myself with the help from some springs from Gray Guns.  But the SIG .22 conversion is a toy compared to a CZ Kadet and SIG aftermarket is zero compared to what we have with the CZ's.  But I have always liked the ergonomics of the Sigs and the all stainless guns are absolutely beautiful.  The one Sig I had that I fit a Bar-Sto 9mm conversion barrel to is still in service as a bullseye pistol with one of my friends.  It is almost as good a shooter as any out of the box P-09 or P-07, which means it is excellent.   :) :)

So, yes, I have thought about getting a SAO Legion at times, as I think it may be a difference I would like over my all time favorite SIG, even over the X-5, which is a Stainless Steel Elite P-226 in 9mm.   I've had a lot of fun over the years shooting one of my P-226's with a .357 Sig barrel and still grin the entire time when I shoot it.  It was the service gun of many LEO's in Texas for quite a few years.

Aftermarket CZ parts and this forum are why my primary match/demo pistols are all CZ now.  But the range/training/new shooter line-up still includes the Sigs, and new shooters like them just fine if they can handle the size and weight.  I couldn't keep up with another manufacturer's new models even if I wanted to, can barely keep up with fiddlin' with the newer CZ's, which have ALL been excellent, starting with the P-09, which, for me, sets the standard for all modern service pistols as far as out of the box match accuracy and mechanical lock up.   

It was the SIG aficianados over at SigForum that recommended I try a CZ 75B and a Kadet kit maybe 6 years ago.  Lots of SIG shooters have and love their CZs.  Lots of CZ fans have and love their Sigs.  Both great pistols.  But, golly, did I get hooked  on that first CZ (now my Kadet bullsye match gun) and CGW parts and this forum's support. 

Joe
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:10:39 AM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline K3JB

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 07:34:24 AM »
I am with Joe on this. I have not shot a Legion and I really would like to. I have a P320 that shoots well, but I go back to my PO-1 and Kadet
and 75 pre B. Have been shooting a friends older Shadow and it just feels right. I do like trying new pistols, but the CZ product and support resource companies have been great.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
ps. I don't think very much of the "coin" and "presentation case" concept of the Legions, or of the SIG store "specials" just for Legion owners.

Agreed, the coin and box while nice ideas were fails by Sig.  And the"Legion Club" gives ya nothin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Omaney

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
SWMBO got me a P220 for our anniversary this year. It was my first SIG and it's a beaut. If a legion offers an even better shooting experience, they must be superlative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of course, I've been wrong before...Tony

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 07:33:50 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but I just want to follow up on my earlier post in this thread, in which I was considering a Legion in .357 Sig.

I have abandoned that idea, at least for the foreseeable future, because I don't need any more calibers (I have FAR too many) or any more magazine families to stock up on.  My .357 needs are currently being served, and enhanced, by revolvers in that original caliber, and most recently by the superb Dan Wesson offerings that I have found in that caliber (near enough to CZ?).
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 09:55:36 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but I just want to follow up on my earlier post in this thread, in which I was considering a Legion in .357 Sig.

I have abandoned that idea, at least for the foreseeable future, because I don't need any more calibers (I have FAR too many) or any more magazine families to stock up on.  My .357 needs are currently being served, and enhanced, by revolvers in that original caliber, and most recently by the superb Dan Wesson offerings that I have found in that caliber (near enough to CZ?).

Makes sense.  Another caliber means more ammo, more ammo boxes and the temptation to buy more guns of said caliber since now you can more easily justify a new purchase!!!!!

Smart move on your part!!!

But my 357 Sig Legion is the best of the bunch!!!

I just picked up the new 10mm Legion and hope to shoot it this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk