Author Topic: Sig Legion  (Read 2470 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Sig Legion
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 10:11:30 PM »
I haven't fired a SIG since the P-220 and 226 years ago, but they were quite good. I'd feel fully comfortable with that old P-220 range pistol as any other. ;) The only thing I can't swallow is the price tag....

Offline eastman

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 11:04:28 PM »
I haven't fired a SIG since the P-220 and 226 years ago, but they were quite good. I'd feel fully comfortable with that old P-220 range pistol as any other. ;) The only thing I can't swallow is the price tag....

I bought my P220 used, so it was only about $500 for a German-made pistol.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline rhart

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »
I bought the 229 Legion and I must say the trigger was the best I've experienced on a Sig, which I have, or had, several currently and in the past. Having said that, the Sig sits in the safe since the new wore off while I shoot my CZs.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Firearms Depot

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 05:08:31 PM »
I recently got the chance to shoot a Legion and it was on par with my P226 X-5 Competition.

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but I just want to follow up on my earlier post in this thread, in which I was considering a Legion in .357 Sig.

I have abandoned that idea, at least for the foreseeable future, because I don't need any more calibers (I have FAR too many) or any more magazine families to stock up on.  My .357 needs are currently being served, and enhanced, by revolvers in that original caliber, and most recently by the superb Dan Wesson offerings that I have found in that caliber (near enough to CZ?).

Makes sense.  Another caliber means more ammo, more ammo boxes and the temptation to buy more guns of said caliber since now you can more easily justify a new purchase!!!!!

Smart move on your part!!!

But my 357 Sig Legion is the best of the bunch!!!

I just picked up the new 10mm Legion and hope to shoot it this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you like the Legion in 10mm?  And compared to the others?

If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline nw96

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »
Sig Legion is what started my CZ disease... I dry fired a P229 Legion at a gun store and fell in love with the trigger (especially the reset) and wanted one bad.

I went home and started doing research on the legion and came across a forum review online that said the only thing better than a Legion was a CZ P01 with a Cajun Pro Package. Hmm Never heard of CZ's......?

After more research I ended up getting a PCR with a Cajun Pro Package and it is absolutely my favorite gun. The reset is amazing! I've had a few buddies that have shot it and have since purchased their own. We were all uneducated Glock guys for 20 plus years.

As far as the CZ disease since the beginning of the year I've acquired a SP01 Tactical, a Scorpion and recently a P10C. I'm sure there will be more to follow. (Rami and 97BD come to mind)

I'm sure a Legion will be in my future. I have always wanted a 229 but the more I think about it my PCR and P10C fill the compact 9mm role well so the P220 Legion has recently caught my eye.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
"...uneducated Glock guys..."

I like that turn of phrase.
sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T using Tapatalk
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 11:45:41 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but I just want to follow up on my earlier post in this thread, in which I was considering a Legion in .357 Sig.

I have abandoned that idea, at least for the foreseeable future, because I don't need any more calibers (I have FAR too many) or any more magazine families to stock up on.  My .357 needs are currently being served, and enhanced, by revolvers in that original caliber, and most recently by the superb Dan Wesson offerings that I have found in that caliber (near enough to CZ?).

Makes sense.  Another caliber means more ammo, more ammo boxes and the temptation to buy more guns of said caliber since now you can more easily justify a new purchase!!!!!

Smart move on your part!!!

But my 357 Sig Legion is the best of the bunch!!!

I just picked up the new 10mm Legion and hope to shoot it this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you like the Legion in 10mm?  And compared to the others?

Haven't shot it yet.  Got all backed up with the new CZ's.  tomorrow I'm hoping. 
I'll post when I do.
I also have the Glock and the Sig 10mm.  (Non Legion)
Glock is sweet, the Sig imo is a paper weight, and I love my Sigs.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline inspector1999

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
I have the Legion 229 in .357 Sig.  The only reason I went with .357 is it has been my duty round for 15 years and I have a stash of ammo.  For competition, I shoot 9mm and for off duty carry I use 9mm.  There is something to be said for the .357 round, but the benefits are when you are going to shoot through stuff, i.e. car doors, glass, etc.  For the typical defense situation, I would argue capacity and skill will be as important.  So, is the Legion the best 229 that I have shot, that is an absolute yes.  Would I have choose .357 if not for the stash of ammo, nope.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »
I have the Legion 229 in .357 Sig.  The only reason I went with .357 is it has been my duty round for 15 years and I have a stash of ammo.  For competition, I shoot 9mm and for off duty carry I use 9mm.  There is something to be said for the .357 round, but the benefits are when you are going to shoot through stuff, i.e. car doors, glass, etc.  For the typical defense situation, I would argue capacity and skill will be as important.  So, is the Legion the best 229 that I have shot, that is an absolute yes.  Would I have choose .357 if not for the stash of ammo, nope.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments, which I find helpful.

.357 Sig ammo is quite expensive compared to other calibers, so I can understand that it would have more appeal to someone who is already invested in the caliber (such as yourself) rather than someone who is not (such as me).

Still keeping my options open on this one, though.
If it's popular, I'm against it.