Author Topic: First Venture in AK land  (Read 1578 times)

Offline WVNed

Re: First Venture in AK land
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »
Had I Not already paid for the RAS 47 I would probably get a WASR 10 from Atlantic Arms.  I could have built a nice AR for what I have in the c39v2.  I just had no interest in doing it again.  I gave each of my sons an AR and kept 2, a 14 1/2 inch made with BCM parts on a stripped Ruger lower and a Ruger SR556VT.
Last week I was shooting the AR-10 and around 80 rounds or so I decided I wanted something that wouldn't make me nervous about ammo costs. I go to the range every week and frequently twice a week.  It was the expectation that the RAS 47 would have a short life that made me decide against it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:23:40 AM by WVNed »
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline Omaney

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »
Wow. I jumped off of the AK wagon years ago. I just hit this thread out if curiosity as I've been interested in an inexpensive AK for gits and shiggles. I'm stunned that a WASR 10 is getting love over anything. Times have changed. I seem to remember they were built by monkeys or some such back in the day.

I say, you want a RAS, buy it and enjoy it. There'll always be someone to poo-poo whatever you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of course, I've been wrong before...Tony

Offline WVNed

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »
I put a cheap 1-4 power scope on it and sighted it in at 50 yards yesterday. I have about 3/4 of the first 1000 rounds I bought though it now. It is a fun shooter. It groups about twice as large as my AR on side by side targets.
Nothing strange is happening to the parts inside so I am happy.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo