Author Topic: Just not sure how to interprit this?  (Read 461 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Just not sure how to interprit this?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 09:21:48 AM »
Or,

"Aim small, miss small."

I do remember the days when I'd pick a bullet hole (or sometimes a fly) on a target at 25 yds. and then use it for my aiming point.

A .22 just leaves some blood, a leg and maybe a piece of wing (rifle, not pistol - that old Win. M52B is just amazing).

Small targets up close and any targets way out there.

The idea is to have a aiming point so precise (in relation to the sights/cross hairs/dot) that you really can aim at the same spot every shot.  That's one reason I prefer a scope with cross hairs over a red dot type optic on a rifle.  And a reason I really don't care for a fiber optic front sight on a pistol.  Not one I want to shoot small groups with anyway.

If you use a big black circle type target try aiming at the bottom of it (6 o'clock hold) and seeing what your groups look like vs. aiming at the center of the black circle (bulls eye) with the top of the front sight and compare the group size of sighting on the target both ways.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

anything