Author Topic: I'm Ruined  (Read 1559 times)

Offline fteter

I'm Ruined
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
It's a funny thing...my CZ-82 pistols have ruined me for just about anything else.

I picked up my first CZ-82 three years ago, and picked up one more a year later.  Over the past two years, I've sold off most of my other handguns.  After holding and firing a CZ-82, nothing else feels quite as right or performs quite as well in my hands.  I have held onto a Bulgarian Makarov PM as my EDC (that single stack makes it much easier to carry), but everything else is now gone.  Used the proceeds from selling the other guns to buy a full parts kit for the CZ-82.

Am I just an odd duck or do others find that nothing matches up after shooting the CZ-82?

Offline il.bill

Re: I'm Ruined
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »
I like my CZ82 pistols A LOT - two were delivered right to my front door as my very first 03FFL C&R License purchase, and that was exhilarating (not too strong a word to describe the feeling at the time) , but I have certainly not been 'ruined'.

My sister makes a great lasagna every year for Christmas.  It is so good that if I am at an Italian restaurant looking at the menu I skip over the lasagna - no matter how good it is, it will not be as tasty as my sister's and I will be disappointed.  But ... there are plenty of other menu items to choose from and I can find something else to order that I will like.

As well as I can shoot them (a CZ82 was the pistol I chose to use for my Illinois Concealed Carry 30-round qualification) and as much as I enjoy taking my CZ82 to the range (always surprised by how snappy the 9x18mm Makarov cartridge recoil is when I have not had one out for a while) there are many, many times when it stays at home and some other handgun has its turn.

Maybe I am just a gun slut.  I like almost every firearm that I pick up in my hand.  The CZ82 ranks right at the top, but there is much to be said for shooting a .45 ACP 1911, a 9x19mm Hi Power or even one of the current 'plastic fantastics', or a Smith & Wesson K-frame revolver in .38 Special.  My two concealed carry guns are a .380 ACP Glock 42 and a .32 ACP Kel-Tec P32 and they both work extremely well in that capacity.

If I was in a shooting competition to win a box of cigars, the most accurate handgun I had available used to be one of three:  the CZ82, the S&W Model 10, or the 1911.  They have recently been eclipsed by my current 'favorite' - an old model frame 5.5" Bbl. Cimmaron Colt Single Action Army Revolver clone chambered in .45 Colt.  Shooting that SAA with my mild reloads is the most fun I have had in a long time.  I actually traded a CZ82 and a S&W Model 10 for that Cimmaron 45.

I think everyone should have a CZ82 (or two) in his/her collection.  Mine have not 'ruined' me, they just help me to better appreciate a well engineered and manufactured handgun.

Offline knoxy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »
My CZ82s were my 1st pistols.  i do love them and they are some of my favorites.
They were like a gateway drug into Czech weapons in general. I decided I needed a revolver so I traded one of my CZ82s for an AlfaProj .357. Next i went for the P01, then the PCR, then the RAMI. Was on the prowl for a 97BD last week, but found a new VZ2008 at my local shop. Now I have a couple of those too.

The addiction is real!

Offline meistermash

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
Not even a close call.  Cz 75 every time.  In fact the 82 is way down my list.  I like mine but it isn't at the top or even middle.

Offline jb1911

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »
I have a PCR and a CZ82 and love them both for different reasons.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:22 AM »
Definitions:

Mono-GUN-nous - giving all of your affection to just one gun

Poly-GUN-ous - loving them all, but in different ways
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 09:13:12 AM »
Definitions:

Mono-GUN-nous - giving all of your affection to just one gun

Poly-GUN-ous - loving them all, but in different ways

;D