Author Topic: In light of the Glock Gen 5 release...  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Raining_Brass

Re: In light of the Glock Gen 5 release...
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:57 PM »
I like Glocks. I own several.

But the CZ P-07/09 is point blank the best polymer framed guns currently being produced IMO.
I realize this is more along the lines of comparing striker guns. But I feel like if we're talking polymer framed guns at all - the P-07/09 is king.

And I say this as someone who has shot - and constantly shoots literally every polymer framed gun being made as part of my job. Lol

The P-07/09 is literally what people try to get their Glock to be.
Drop in triggers? Not really necessary with the 07/09. Yes, CGW can make it far better than oem, but compared to Glock, the 07/09 SA trigger destroys it.
Drop in "match" barrels? Not necessary with the 07/09. Everyone is well aware already of the insane accuracy the 07/09's are capable of. Hell, a member here wins bullseye comps with an 09 against 1911's costing probably 3-4X what his 09 was.
Aftermarket sights? Again - not necessary. Glock = plastic sights with a horrendous sight picture. 07/09 = steel 3 dot.
Stippling? 07/09 frame texture is more than adequate IMO.
List goes on and on.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 07:51:53 PM »

Glock could be even greater but it needs another great idea but I think it used up the only one it had 20+ years ago.

And yet no other company offers anything substantially superior.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 08:36:08 PM »

Glock could be even greater but it needs another great idea but I think it used up the only one it had 20+ years ago.

I've seen that statement recently, the quality of finish inside and out in Glocks are surpassed by many other companies. the triggers in Glock are not even close to many companies. The outside finish is sub par in Glock compared to many companies. The price of Glocks is very high for what you get. The sights are cheap and inadequate compared to many others. Glocks are ugly. There's more but I won't bore you. I call it substantially superior. If you don't I have no idea what your test is to show superiority.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »

I've seen that statement recently, the quality of finish inside and out in Glocks are surpassed by many other companies. the triggers in Glock are not even close to many companies. The outside finish is sub par in Glock compared to many companies. The price of Glocks is very high for what you get. The sights are cheap and inadequate compared to many others. Glocks are ugly. There's more but I won't bore you. I call it substantially superior. If you don't I have no idea what your test is to show superiority.

That's two post now without identifying this superior pistol.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 04:53:32 AM »

Superior? No such thing as a superior pistol,not even a glock. Superior raises the notion that a failure can't or won't happen. glocks fail like anything else and guns made by CZ.S&W,Walther,HK,Sig and others are on par with the same level of RELIABILITY today.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »
My youngest brother was a Glock fan-boy until he shot my P10C. Now he has one and a CZ97B.
sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T using Tapatalk
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline badwrench

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

You're overlooking a few things here, One reason Glock is a popular  is the fact that there is a huge aftermarket built around it. How many places on the 'net sell Glock parts? Last time I googled  "Glock parts" it went past 10 pages, now how many places on the 'net sell CZparts?  3?  The broad support for Glock is the very reason they are as popular as they are, sure they come with cheap sights but then again how many sight manfacturers offer sights for Glocks ? Just about every single one. How many offer sights for CZ's? 3-4  at the most... I've been in hardware stores that had Glock mags for sale, you'll never see CZmags for sale in a hardware store I can promise you that. This is why Glock will probably dominate pistol sales in this country for the forseeable future. Simply because that the pistols, and mags and spare parts are readily available from mutiple sources, and they are cheap. Like it or not, Glock is'nt going anywhere anytime soon.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 12:31:52 PM »
No glock won't be going anyplace anytime soon but they are losing and will continue to lose footing in the market since others are marketing more diverse lines with innovations and features that appeal to more people. The will be their own worst enemy if they don't get of the same block design. Going back to a non finger groove grip like they had 30+ years ago is not a new generation it's dusting off the old molds.

Offline codfish04

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »
IMO, the p-07 is superior. Only time will tell on reliability, but the P-10. The P320 was and will be again. I know the whole drop safe situation for the P-320 was a bump in the road, but I believe all manufacturers have had glitches ( Glock included). Glock is a fine firearm, but superior it is not.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

Now you have 3 posts without any content at all fanboy

Offline jimjc

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 05:02:12 PM »

You're overlooking a few things here, One reason Glock is a popular  is the fact that there is a huge aftermarket built around it. How many places on the 'net sell Glock parts? Last time I googled  "Glock parts" it went past 10 pages, now how many places on the 'net sell CZparts?  3?  The broad support for Glock is the very reason they are as popular as they are, sure they come with cheap sights but then again how many sight manfacturers offer sights for Glocks ? Just about every single one. How many offer sights for CZ's? 3-4  at the most... I've been in hardware stores that had Glock mags for sale, you'll never see CZmags for sale in a hardware store I can promise you that. This is why Glock will probably dominate pistol sales in this country for the forseeable future. Simply because that the pistols, and mags and spare parts are readily available from mutiple sources, and they are cheap. Like it or not, Glock is'nt going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm not missing anything, Glock is a gun with no craftsmanship, cheap junk parts.

I can get mags for my CZ's, HK's, S&W's, my Rugers, My Sigs, mySpringfields my Walthers, on and on and on.. If coarse I'm not a fool like many glock owners that put another $1000 in a literally $350 glock gun. Of coarse there's a fool born every day. I can get parts for all of my guns also.

Glock is the 1985 Ford Taurus of guns......The Sig P320 and the CZ P10c are the future. The only thing that comes close from glock is a glock 19 you spend another $500 on and that doesn't come close to the Sig 320 modularity, that's the future. In 20 years all will be modular in design.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »

Superior? No such thing as a superior pistol,not even a glock. Superior raises the notion that a failure can't or won't happen. glocks fail like anything else and guns made by CZ.S&W,Walther,HK,Sig and others are on par with the same level of RELIABILITY today.

I disagree, modularity is the future in guns and it's superior. Guns built with no roll pins in the frame is a big step, especially when you have polymer frames.  A fire control unit can be produced cheaply by the millions with high quality. i've owned hundreds of guns and I own a Sig P320 and have looked closely at it, modularity is the future and it's superior.

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »

I disagree, modularity is the future in guns and it's superior. Guns built with no roll pins in the frame is a big step, especially when you have polymer frames.  A fire control unit can be produced cheaply by the millions with high quality. i've owned hundreds of guns and I own a Sig P320 and have looked closely at it, modularity is the future and it's superior.

I disagree. Modularity may have it's place but it will never eclipse the market and it is not by any means superior. I've owned hundreds of guns too and traditional firearms will be around and in production long after we are gone. Once again superior calls for a product that won't fail. That product cannot be produced by any human being by any company.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »

I disagree. Modularity may have it's place but it will never eclipse the market and it is not by any means superior. I've owned hundreds of guns too and traditional firearms will be around and in production long after we are gone. Once again superior calls for a product that won't fail. That product cannot be produced by any human being by any company.

I disagree, your definition of superior as being a gun that does not fail is dead wrong period. Superior doesn't mean perfect. Superior means the product is better than whatever you're comparing it to and can be defined.

Plus I don't agree with your idea that modularity isn't the future and the Mfg's realize it.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »

The P320 is "superior" ?? :o :o :o. Nation wide Cabela's has pulled ever P320 off their shelves. Many LE agencies have issued emergency orders to immediately turn in their P320s because they are discharging when dropped from as low as knee high or being hit on the back of the slide. There's a fury of vids on utube showing it. SIG is calling for a "Voluntary Upgrade" to fix this.

SIG Sauer went cheap on the P320. It's a P250 that they converted from hammer fired to a striker without designing a new model. Put a P250 and a P320 side-by-side. They are the same externally. SIG just plugged the back of the slide and frame where the hammer was for the P250.

P320 superior - NOT.