Author Topic: Recoil reduction systems  (Read 306 times)

Offline Rnlinebacker

Recoil reduction systems
« on: September 03, 2017, 12:37:24 PM »
Who is using the dpm and/or sprinco recoil reduction systems? I have the dpm in my 9mm sp-01 slide abd just ordered sprinco for my 75b upper. What are your results?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: Recoil reduction systems
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »
I believe ReloaderFred and a few others here have used them quite extensively.  The "Search" function should bring up quite a few posts.

Some people love them, some people find them unnecessary.  I've never used one, so am opinionless on that issue.  I always wanted to try one, but I have found other "upgrades" that made bigger overall differences for the dollar.  FOR ME, I'd rather spend $100 on a improved hammer than $100 on a recoil reducer in a 9mm.  FOR ME, the trigger improvement makes more sense.

Offline Rnlinebacker

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:32 PM »
I have the full cgw work done in mine. Asking more for my uspsa application of the firearm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline BLUEPSTU

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »
I have the dpm for my TSO.  TBH, I just don't know if I can tell a difference. I have not tried to do anything special with my reloads using the system.  I think  that is the whole point of using these systems. I have bought lighter recoil springs to use with the stock recoil rod and gone with lighter loads, and can tell a difference there. I am thinking about trying lighter loads with the dpm system this week to see what I think.

Offline NMhvactech

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »
I've been wondering about these things for my TSO 40 for uspsa limited, but I have my doubts.  I agree with James about better money spent on trigger work, but the TSO doesn't need that. If You do any "scientific" research, video comparisons, let us know your results. Thank you.

Offline exit plan

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 03:08:19 PM »
I put Springco on all non Hk pistols I own. I think they work great. Last year I used one on a sig227 in a combat course and the recoil was should I stopped to examine the gun to see if I fired a squib.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »
 I'm with jameslovesjammie.
Actually I want more recoil/muzzle flip.  For comp. with minor power factor 9mm,  I have a tendency to get muzzle 'dip' when shooting  multiple fast shots.  With lighter springs my stainless guide rod sustains some damage.  Catch22.  The lighter springs/with more felt recoil,  I shoot better. :-\

Additionally,  adding parts that will eventually fail is not my preference. 
I have shot 40 Cal "limited class" pistols with recoil buffers and they were soft shooting.  Maybe with the 40,  but haven't shot them enough to know.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:41:20 PM by 1SOW »

Offline John A.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 07:05:11 PM »
I have a Sprinco 2 stage recoil spring/guide rod on my XD40 Tactical.

I really like it on it. 

I don't shoot really fast with it, but I do feel it made that gun more accurate.  Maybe due to the guide rod bushing, using stainless steel instead of a plastic guide rod or ?????

But I do feel it helped that gun be more accurate than what it was shooting before the swap.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.