Author Topic: Love the P-01 but brass to the Face  (Read 358 times)

Offline codfish04

Love the P-01 but brass to the Face
« on: September 14, 2017, 02:46:41 PM »
Just took my new P-01 to the range today for the first time. The gun was an amazing shooter. I shoot Glocks for a long time, P320, Kahrs, and a few others, and none hold a candle to it. The only thing is that every 5th or 6th round hit me square in the forehead. I called CZ and they recommended me try a different ammo. I did use a cheap 115g. Is this more than likely the problem or could it be something else? They told me I could send it to them but I really don't want to be without it for 4 to 6 weeks. I am going to try a better ammo but probably won't be able to make it back to the range for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Love the P-01 but brass to the Face
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »
I have one P01 and three CZ 75 Compacts.  None of them do that.  Sorry you're having problems (I know that type of stuff is aggravating as hell - especially if you like to shoot it a lot).

I'll bet someone here has altered their ejector (angle on the face of it) at some point or other.

Heck, changing the recoil spring might do something good, too, but I can't tell you which way to go (higher or lower). 

The only ejection type issue I've had is a Series 70 Colt that would mangle brass.  I put a heavier recoil spring in it and only slightly get a case mouth ding every now and then after that.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »
I did use a cheap 115g.
It was Aluminum cased Blazers, was not it?
This was the only ammo that did that in few of my CZs.

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:53:28 PM »
I think if you shoot it a bit more, it may settle in. 
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline codfish04

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 11:33:15 PM »
aguila 115 grain
I did use a cheap 115g.
It was Aluminum cased Blazers, was not it?
This was the only ammo that did that in few of my CZs.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 05:01:08 AM »
Try some better ammo and see how it functions. If it still throws brass back at you I'd let CZ-USA handle it since it's new. None of my 7 CZ's ever hits me in the face that way Even when I've used some cheaper ammo.

Offline lebomb

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 08:01:37 AM »
Put 100rds of 115gr Monarch brass FMJ through my CZ Compact and never had brass to the face, or anywhere near my head. 
CZ 75 Compact 9mm (99021)
Ruger LCP (Pocket Carry)
Ruger LC9s (Wife's)

Son of Thunder

Offline ldryder

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:19:29 AM »
I had the exact same problem with my PCR when using was using American Eagle 124 FMJ.  I got a lighter recoil spring from Cajun Gun Works and am looking forward to seeing it that took care of the problem as I've never had that happen with my RAMI.

anything