Author Topic: Which would you choose  (Read 1017 times)

Online fullmetal1911

Which would you choose
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
I'm currently looking at 2 75 compacts and only have enough money for one. One is a PCR and is $50 cheaper. The other is a 75 compact, manual safety but has the railed dust cover like a P01. I'm torn because I have no real preference of safety vs decocker and don't need a gun with an accessory rail. What do y'all think?

Offline Rmach

Re: Which would you choose
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »
Get the PCR.
Matte stainless CZ75b, CZ P-01, black CZ75b, CZ SP-01, Grand Power Xcalibur, Sig P226 SSE, Tristar C-100, P-100

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
I absolutely will never part with my PCR. Been carrying it for nearly 9 years and I find it to be the perfect all around handgun. That's my pick.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »
PCR if only one have to be chosen.

Offline viking499

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
PCR for me too.  I prefer a decocker to a safety.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
PCR for me too.  I prefer a decocker to a safety.

Me to. Go for the pcr
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »
I have a PO1 that I have done a lot of work to and it is really, really nice. However, I carry one of my PCRs everyday and have been for 10 to 12 years. It is the best carry pistol I have found.

Best regards.
Make America Great Again

Online fullmetal1911

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 07:55:08 PM »
Well, despite the overwhelming pro-PCR response I ended up getting the 75-compact. I was all set to get the PCR and then saw the condition it was in and figured the extra $50 was well worth it. This 75-compact is pristine. Looks like it has barely seen any ammo through it.

Probably worked out for the best, a PCR would have been too similar to my Sig P229 enhanced elite and M11-A1 in terms of size, weight and capacity and as much as I love CZ's they don't come close to the SRT trigger Sig put in these pistols (without a serious amount of $$$ spent at CGW or CZC) but those Sigs have a price tag twice as high as what I paid for my CZ, so it is an unfair comparison.

I managed to stop by the range on the way back home as it was on the way and put 100 rounds through the gun. Absolutely love it, the steel frame soaks up the recoil and makes it feel like I'm shooting a 22lr when compared to my alloy frame Sigs.

Now to find a good holster and get some night sights. I'm debating on ordering the SRS-1 from CGW or taking the gun over to CZC and letting them work their magic on it.

Online fullmetal1911

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 09:26:23 PM »
After I got it cleaned up I decided to add some Talon Grips grip tape to the front strap. I did the same thing with my Springfield Range Officer because I hate smooth frontstraps on pistols and I'm too cheap to spend a few hundred dollars to have it checkered and refinished.

Offline lebomb

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
Well, despite the overwhelming pro-PCR response I ended up getting the 75-compact. I was all set to get the PCR and then saw the condition it was in and figured the extra $50 was well worth it. This 75-compact is pristine. Looks like it has barely seen any ammo through it.

Probably worked out for the best, a PCR would have been too similar to my Sig P229 enhanced elite and M11-A1 in terms of size, weight and capacity and as much as I love CZ's they don't come close to the SRT trigger Sig put in these pistols (without a serious amount of $$$ spent at CGW or CZC) but those Sigs have a price tag twice as high as what I paid for my CZ, so it is an unfair comparison.

I managed to stop by the range on the way back home as it was on the way and put 100 rounds through the gun. Absolutely love it, the steel frame soaks up the recoil and makes it feel like I'm shooting a 22lr when compared to my alloy frame Sigs.

Now to find a good holster and get some night sights. I'm debating on ordering the SRS-1 from CGW or taking the gun over to CZC and letting them work their magic on it.

I too bought this very same CZ.  75 compact with safety and full rail.  From what I understand, this is kind of a unicorn CZ which they didnt make a lot of in this configuration.  I love the solid all steel weight of this gun and it shoots very well with low felt recoil.  I do not CC this gun, so weight isnt an issue. 
CZ 75 Compact 9mm (99021)
Ruger LCP (Pocket Carry)
Ruger LC9s (Wife's)

Son of Thunder

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
After I got it cleaned up I decided to add some Talon Grips grip tape to the front strap. I did the same thing with my Springfield Range Officer because I hate smooth frontstraps on pistols and I'm too cheap to spend a few hundred dollars to have it checkered and refinished.

Great choice! If you haven't already you should find the thread that discusses this particular variant, tons of great info in there. I have converted mine to SAO and it is my favorite gun to shoot.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
Oh, the steel frame SP01 Compact!  Nice pick up!

I was going to say that the PCR was more beautiful looking (but not as much as the steel frame traditional compact w/ no rail).

I think ya done good.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »
Congratulations! While not the most conducive pistol for carry... You snagged a sweet pistol! Here's the novel about them.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83224.0

Thread on swapping the safety out.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84002.0

Thread on compatible parts.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86691.0

Those cover the most common questions. They take to the competition or race hammer extremely well! Reports are generally very good on fit and finish, barrel to bushing lock up, triggers responding to short reset kits well, and overall accuracy.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline lebomb

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »
Oh, the steel frame SP01 Compact!  Nice pick up!

I was going to say that the PCR was more beautiful looking (but not as much as the steel frame traditional compact w/ no rail).

I think ya done good.

Beauty alone?  My personal opinion:

1. CZ-P01, CZ 75 Compact with the full dust cover
2. CZ PCR
3. CZ 75 Compact traditional.
CZ 75 Compact 9mm (99021)
Ruger LCP (Pocket Carry)
Ruger LC9s (Wife's)

Son of Thunder

Online copemech

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 11:28:38 PM »
Fifty bucks to CGW for a ultralite kit will brighten your day.

Couple of springs and a fireing pin transforms the guns heavy trigger. All the other stuff is icing on the cake.

anything