Author Topic: Went to the range today  (Read 295 times)

Offline monadhclann

Went to the range today
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:19:06 PM »
Same ammo, same distance, differing results

Offline MadDuner

Re: Went to the range today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »
The black one likes you!

Offline monadhclann

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:47:37 PM »
What's not to like?   8)

Offline romm

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 05:12:30 AM »
Awesome taste in firearms!
How far out were you? Were you shooting off hand or from a bench?

I have a Beretta/Wilson Combat Brig Tac and a CZ Custom Shadow Target. I have probably 12,000 rounds through my CZ (had it almost 3 years). I've had my Brig Tac for a few months and I have 1400 rounds through it. It is not as accurate as my CZ Custom, but it is no slouch, especially considering it is more a combat go to war sidearm and not a target range pistol like the CZ Custom is.

Here is 15 rounds standing off hand at 10 yards/30 ft with the Brig Tac, which does not have the "action tune".

Offline romm

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 05:23:49 AM »
Also this is my first Beretta and I love it! Now I want a Vertec or M9A3 like the one the OP has. I really want to see how it shoots with the Vertec grip. I prefer the smaller grip sizes of the CZ-75, 1911, and Browning Hi-Power. It seems the Vertec would be more similar to these instead of the standard 92 grip.

Offline monadhclann

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:51:38 AM »
Romm,

That is some great shooting with the Beretta!

My groups were shot at around 12 yards. They were shot from a rest, and they were repeatable. If the distance went further, the groups dropped a touch lower. I believe this is a manufacturing defect, and I am sending it back to Beretta.

I was on the waiting list for a Wilson Beretta for about 9 months and gave up on the wait when there was no end in sight. Yours is nice.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »
My youngest son has a Beretta 90-2.  It's pretty.  He used to always brag it up.  Till he shot my P07 (which soon became his P07).  His very first group with the P07 was better than he'd been shooting with the Beretta.

Later I got a CZ 75 SA and made the mistake of letting him shoot it.  Next thing I know he's making payments (to me) on it and now he shoots it more than anything else he has.

I know (we know) they shoot nice groups.

Good shooting.  Small groups make you smile.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »
Same ammo, same distance, differing results

Nahhh!
The group size closely replicate the bullseye/target shape. Need some work on the artist' skills to paint round targets  :)
Using all black pistol helps too. 8)

Good shooting!

Offline monadhclann

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »
I went back to the range today with the Shadow 2, the 75 SA, and two S&W Shields, one in .45 and the other a 9mm. It was late afternoon and into the evening when I was shooting. Don't blame the groups on the pistols. My astigmatism was not cooperating.

First the Shadow at 25 yards. 5 to the middle, 5 to the head, and 2 for the little man in the upper left. The target on the left is 27 rounds of a blurred eye attempt to make some use of the Shadow's capabilities.

The 75 SA at 15 yards. Which group was shot when the eyes were still good?

The Shield 9 on the left, the .45 on the right at 15 yards.

Good times.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:18:16 AM by monadhclann »