Author Topic: Help : problem to reinstall sear cage to frame - PCR  (Read 1325 times)

Offline wagon

Help : problem to reinstall sear cage to frame - PCR
« on: September 07, 2017, 01:05:23 AM »
I am looking for tips and tricks to reinstall the sear cage to the frame..   

I bought the short-reset kit, able to install the new lifter and the tiny-tiny lifter spring successfully.   The cage was ready to go back to the frame.

But as I punch in the sear pin (left to right), the lifter spring keeps get in the way of the sear pin, ended up crimped and deemed useless.   I have damaged two of that damn spring and I don't have anymore.

I can buy more of that spring, and go thru the pain to repeat the process...   but am worried that no matter how may more springs I have, I'll end up the same without success.

Can someone please tell me if there is any trick to successfully reinstall the cage?

I do not know of a smith who is familiar with a CZ decocker,  and not sure if CGW will entertain such a small job... (I just spent my toy money on ammo ....)

Frustrating is an understatement....

Please help.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Help : problem to reinstall sear cage to frame - PCR
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:32:57 AM »
I put a light chamfer on the end of my pins so they don't have sharp edges to damage the little spring going back through the hole.
Yea the decockers can be very frustrating but they get easier with practice.
CGW is really great though if you choose too send it to them I'm sure they'll be happy to get it back together for you.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »
Frustrating is a polite way of saying it
   Along with what Si Vis said, you shouldn't be punching the pin in. It should slide in, no punch needed.
   I too have hit that spring when pushing the pin thru. With one hand  I gently take a pic and pull on the spring, while pushing the pin thru with the other. I've heard of tying the L-spring to the lifter arm with thread, just need to make sure you get all the thread back out when done.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline rich63

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 09:13:09 AM »
That l-spring can and will make you frustrated. Getting the slave pin out while putting the sear pin back in at the same time to me is the toughest thing to do. I have learned to keep extra l-springs on hand. I just purchased a CZ 75 BD and it will be here next week sometime. Going to put rounds through it before ordering CGW Pro-Package. I already know that l-spring is going to give me a headache.

rich63

Offline wagon

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 01:08:55 AM »
I really don't think I have the patience and steady hand to do it the 3rd time.... :-(

At this time i will probably seek  professional help...

Offline kpj313

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »
I bought the armors book and just got it in the other day, it has excellent picture and descriptions. I will try to get pictures when I get home. I sure wish I had this before I took my sear cage apart...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline kpj313

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »

Offline wagon

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 01:29:09 AM »
THANKS, Kpj!!!!    Great info!     I did not know of steps 57 - 59,   I just tap on the sear pin from left to right, at the same time it pushes out the slave pin.    It's tempting to give it another try ....

Offline t107

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 05:19:18 AM »
THANKS, Kpj!!!!    Great info!     I did not know of steps 57 - 59,   I just tap on the sear pin from left to right, at the same time it pushes out the slave pin.    It's tempting to give it another try ....

Nice Kpj Where did you get that Book?

Offline t107

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 05:36:26 AM »
Located it. This CZ 75 SERIES PISTOLS W/ DECOCKER ARMORER'S MANUAL could also work for 97BD ?

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
I myself was a newbie. But, by looking at numerous YouTube videos, emailing CGW and talking to David and Scott, I was able to take my 2 P01s to their current PRO standard. So, I guess that makes me one step above a newbie by 9mm. What I'm saying is, in my opinion, if you are going to attempt to upgrade your CZ (decocker or safety) do your research first before you attempt to do the upgrades....just saying....

Offline kpj313

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 05:08:19 PM »

Nice Kpj Where did you get that Book?

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/19624_cz-75-d-compactp0175-d-pcr-armorers-manual

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline mkd

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 05:30:42 PM »
i made pins out of drill bits that were the correct diameter. used a dremel to cut them to proper lenght and then used the side of the cut off wheels to taper both ends of the pins to a point. had a dickens of a time with the sear cage install before i tapered the pins. even tapered it's sometimes difficult. smecky might have some advice as well.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »
Located it. This CZ 75 SERIES PISTOLS W/ DECOCKER ARMORER'S MANUAL could also work for 97BD ?

Yup, this would also work for the 97BD. It looks like a PCR is being used in the pictorial but aside from the fixing insert (used as a left side sear pin stop) that the alloy frames CZs use the two pistols are pretty much the same.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:44:48 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline wagon

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 02:05:44 AM »
I have a slave pin with has the correct length and diameter, I have not considered tapering it coz I would think the 'sucker spring' will just shift up along the tapered end, and get in the way.

I suspect I need something to push on the sucker spring to keep it in place while tapping in the sear pin.

i made pins out of drill bits that were the correct diameter. used a dremel to cut them to proper lenght and then used the side of the cut off wheels to taper both ends of the pins to a point. had a dickens of a time with the sear cage install before i tapered the pins. even tapered it's sometimes difficult. smecky might have some advice as well.